[28] Court House

Not edited yet, sorry. Xx

Sydney

Today was the day of the trial.

I had talked to the police yesterday and gave my statement, telling them that Harry is completely innocent and begging them to get him out of this, but there was nothing they could do. It's up to the judge now. I was seriously debating wether or not to even show up today, the stress and the fright was eating me alive and I honestly didn't want to go, but I need for Harry's sake. Turns out I have to go anyway, even if I wasn't going to the police said I have no choice because I need to tell the jury my side of the story.

After that whole slip of 'I do love him' in front of my parents, Brooke and Jarod, a whole frenzy was set off. My father was shouting and my mother was crying, Brooke and Jarod just didn't know what to do. None of them could believe that I fell in love with my kidnapper, even though I explained to them all repeatedly that he was not the cause of it. My father told me he could not believe I let myself get that far, and my mother accused me of having Stockholm Syndrome. But by the end of dinner, I had them calmed down and they chose to let it go. Maybe it is ridicules that I love him, and maybe I do have Stockholm syndrome, but at this point I really don't give a fuck.

The first thing I did when I woke up was go into my en suit and have a shower. I still felt so physically dirty and just completely unclean all together after being in the presence of Mike. The thought of him sickened me, and not only because of what he did to me and Harry, but because of what him and my mother were doing for the past year. The thought of her with anyone other than my father made my insides turn. The thought of her with my father made my insides turn.

After my shower I curled my hair and did my makeup, which brings me to right now. I put my makeup bag back in the correct drawer before I walk back into my room with a towel warped around my body. I open my closet and search through my clothes for an outfit to wear today. I want to look good and professional when I walk into the court room. I want to show them that being with Harry for three months didn't affect me, maybe they will go easy on him. If I show up wearing sweat pants and an old band-t, then they will probably assume that I'm emotionally and physically drained, both of which are true but not for the reasons they would assume.

My eyes scan a few items that I could easily piece together so I pull them all it and set them on the bed. I slip into everything and look myself over in the mirror. Light washed, ripped short jeans shorts, a white lace loose-fit tank-top over a white bandeau, and for over top I chose an off-white half-sleeved blazer. It's perfect for outside and it isn't too trashy with the blazer making it appear more professional. I grab a dangly necklace with multiple gold pieces hanging down, and throw it over my neck. Then I get into a pair of off-white creamy coloured gladiator sandals.

I walk out of the room with my black handbag as I struggle to stuff my phone and anything else I may need while I'm gone. I've always hated little tote bags but they look good with certain things so I make myself suffer.

When I get into the kitchen, my mom and dad are eating breakfast on opposite sides of the table. It's so blankly obvious that this is most definitely not going to be worked out between them, so I do not understand why they are trying so hard not to show it. I know that as soon as this whole thing dies down and the court case is closed, they will be filing for divorce and making plans about what is going to happen. To say I'm upset would be an understatement, but what my mother did would be unforgivable if I was my dad, and if they have been fighting for awhile like everyone says they have. Then a divorce was bound to come sometime. I still can't even believe I'm the only one that didn't see this and I live in the same house.

They've kept it hidden, not really because they are doing the same things now that they did before I left, but I didn't notice until it was pointed out. I feel extremely dumb thinking back on it.