[12] Doctor

Harry

I slide my finger across the screen and bring my phone up to my ear, waiting patiently as I listen to the ringing. After a few dial tones, the other line picks up and I'm greeted with the voice I've grown to hate so much.

"Good morning, Harry." His voice booms through the speaker. I flinch at the sound and roll my eyes, cussing myself for even calling him in the first place.

"Yeah, same." I rush out in annoyance and sit down on my bed, looking at the door to make sure it's locked.

"What do you need?" He sighs with lack of patients.

"I need a doctor." I say bluntly and stand up, starting to pace the length of the room.

"And why do you need one of those?" I can hear rustling in the background and his huffs of annoyance.

"Sydney got hurt." I keep it short, leaving out the minor detail that I was the cause.

"How?" He suddenly stops his rustling and I know he is interested in the topic now.

"I may or may not have cracked one of her ribs." I struggle to admit. I know he is not going to be happy about this newfound news and I'm preparing myself for his outburst.

"Damn good job that was, Harry!" He barks through the phone and I roll my eyes again.

"It's not like I fucking meant to!" I yell back, throwing my arm up in the air.

"Well I guess that's too bad for the both of you then, because there is no way I am sending someone in there!" He raises his voice and sighs for the thousandth time.

"She's in a lot of pain! She needs a damn doctor!" I yell, loosing all of my patients. I may not be too fond of her at the moment, but I won't deny her medical help! The least I could do is make sure she gets better!

"Fine. I'll get someone, but you better make sure she doesn't blow this thing up! If you get into trouble for this I'm not helping your sorry ass out!" He yells before ending the call, the line cuts off and I huff, hanging up my end.

I throw my phone onto my bed and run a hand through my hair frustratingly. I got myself into this now I don't know how the hell I'm going to get myself out. I run my hands down my face before throwing the door open and slamming it closed behind me, walking down to the end of the hall. I knock lightly on Sydney's door and I faintly hear her tell me to come in. I open the door and step in, pushing it closed behind me. I look up at Sydney, she is sitting up against the headboard on the bed looking down at her hands that she has rested in her lap. I sigh and walk over, settling myself beside her.

"How are you doing?" I ask her quietly.

"Okay, I guess." She mumbles lowly. I place a frown onto my face as I look at her. She seems so sad and heartbroken that it actually makes me feel bad.

"I called a doctor, he'll be here sometime today." I try to smile slightly. She looks up at me and holds my gaze for a minute before looking back down.

"Thanks." She mutters. Her voice seems so small and she sounds so depressed. I know I caused this and it hurts a little to think about it. But this is what I chose to do.

"They'll check out your side and any other injuries and then hopefully you'll get better." I smile. But she keeps a straight face, still not looking at me. "Alright, well I'll go make some food for us and I'll bring you some. Okay?"

"Okay." She nods. I sigh and stand up, leaving the room.

Over an hour later, a knock sounds from the door and I jump up from the couch to answer it. I open it up and am greeted with a man in his early thirties, who I assume is the doctor. I am more than surprised when a familiar man steps out from behind him, showing me his signature menacing smirk. I blink my eyes and grit my teeth together, hoping that by clenching my jaw the irritation I feel will go away. But it doesn't.