[3] Taken✔

EDITED

Sydney

"Sydney, wake up!" My mom calls from the other side of my door.

I groan and cover my eyes to shield them from the sun. "I'm up!" I call to her.

I stand up and look at my alarm clock; seven o'clock. I need to be at school for eight thirty so I have time to take a shower. I walk into the bathroom in the hallway with a towel and my clothes for the day; shorts and a plain white tank-top.

I turn on the shower and adjust it to the right temperature. I step in and let the water rush down my back, warming me up and relaxing me. After I wash my body and hair, I step out and wrap the towel around myself. I put on some makeup and then straighten my hair before drying myself off and getting dressed. Then, I walk back into my room to gather my stuff and go downstairs.

My mom is in the kitchen making breakfast. I go over to the stove and put some bacon on a plate before sitting at the table to eat.

"What time will you be home tonight?" She asks me as she sits down acoss from me.

"I don't know, probably right after school. I don't have any plans for later," I shrug.

"Okay, well I won't be home right away," she tells me.

"Okay," I nod and stand up. "I got to go, see you later," I leave the kitchen with my bag on my shoulder and head outside to get into my car.

~~

I walk through the front doors of the school and walk down the hall to my locker. I open it up and place my bag inside, grabbing the books I will need for my first class, biology. Just when I shut my locker, I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Matt, one of the jocks, standing behind me.

"Hi," I smile awkwardly at him. I don't really talk to him, or any of the jocks for that matter, all that much so I have no idea why he approached me in the first place.

"Hey," he returns my smile. Out of all of the sporty, popualrity seaking guys in our school, if I had to pick a favourite, it would be him because he is by far the nicest.

"What's up?" I ask him, waiting for him to tell me why exactly he came over here to talk to me.

"I was wondering if maybe you'd want to go with me to the spring formal on friday?" I don't know what I was expecting him to say but that was certainly not it.

"Oh, um.. I don't know," I trail off, not really sure about what I should say.

"I would really like it if you would, I've been wanting to ask you for a few weeks now," he smiles at me confidently. That's another thing about the jocks, they're cocky, overly confident guys with way too big of egos.

What I don't understand is why he is asking me. Like I said, me and my friends rarely ever talk to him or his friends, not because we don't get along but because we just don't feel like getting caught up in the drama that is popularity. And besides, he could have any girl in the school, one of the cake faces or a chearleader, but he chooses me? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Although I don't talk to him much, out of the few times I have I know that he is fairly nice to people, or so the people he chooses to be nice to. I suppose one school dance wouldn't be too bad, it's only a formal. It's not like I have anyone else to go with.

"Sure, I'll go with you," I nod and smile.

"Great, I'll text you later," he smiles and walks back to his rather large group of friends.