[9] Hug Me

Sydney

"Mom?" I smile and walk into the kitchen.

"Hey, honey! Where have you been?" She rushes over to me and squeezes me into a breath-stopping hug.

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows and pull away from the hug to look at her. She gives me a look that shows just as much confusion.

"You have been gone for over two weeks. We all have been worried sick about you!" She informs me and that trikes even more confusion from me. What is she talking about?

"What? No I haven't." I shake my head furiously and try to think of an explanation for what she is telling me.

"Sydney? You're home?" My dad comes out of no where and rushes toward me, throwing his arms around my shoulder and crushing me against him. What is going on?

"I've been home the whole time, what is going on?" I ask frantically and push away from my dad, demanding an explanation from the both of them.

"Come sit down in the kitchen and we will explain everything." My dad suggests and leads us to the kitchen.

"Wait! You have to do something for me first." My mom stops us and looks at me with a smile.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You need to wake up for me, Sydney!" She tells me.

"Huh?" I look at her confused.

"Wake up, Sydney! Now!" She tells me frantically. I stare at her blankly before she yells one more time, "wake up!"

"Sydney, wake up." I feel someone shaking me lightly. I groan as the pain rises to my head and I feel the cold floor below me. It's then I remember the events of yesterday. I fell asleep in here.

"What?" I ask groggily and slowly open my eyes up. I look up to see Harry towering over me with a guilty look on his face.

"Come on, get up off the floor." He says softly and gently grabs ahold of my arm, helping me to my feet.

"What time is it?" The question comes out in more of a whisper and I fall into his chest, losing my balance from the dizziness. Falling asleep on the floor probably wasn't the best thing to do, and the aching in my cheek doesn't help.

"It's only early, baby. You can go back to bed in your room." He catches me and helps me gain my balance. I try to ignore the fact that he just called me baby.

"Okay." I whisper. I feel Harry place a hand on my lower back and soon my feet come out from underneath me. I lean my head on his chest and close my eyes.

"Does your head hurt?" I hear him ask me as I'm placed on my bed.

"Yes." I try to nod but the sharp pain I feel causes me to wince.

"I'm sorry." I hear him say before the door closes and my thoughts stop.

***

My eyes open upon hearing the door creak. I slowly sit up, groaning at the pain inflicting all over the side of my body. I know for sure I have bruises covering every inch of the side there and I know for sure it's going to be painful to walk. Tears slip from my eyes when another sharp pain shoots through my side.

I look at the door and see Harry standing there, looking at me oddly. I blink my eyes to rid them of the tears but more just start to flow. I sniffle and wipe them away, hurting my cheek in the process, which is probably bruised now. Harry sighs before closing his eyes for a moment and walking over to me. He sits down on the bed beside me and looks up at me slowly.