Chapter 12

(aayyy Delta's at my house and we're just sorta chilling here, so yeah, and as you can tell from the last chapter, I apparently fell asleep on Delta's shoulder so that was a thing
-Lights)

Dirk's POV~

Dirk and Jake both walked out of the school hand in hand, both of them walking towards their houses, stopping first at Dirk's to let him drop his stuff, then at Jake's. They both walk inside the fairly large house and Jake quickly discards of his stuff then looks down at his shirt. It wasn't just covered in paint now, but a fair amount of blood from the things that those people did to him. Dirk follows Jake's line of sight to see how much blood actually covered Jake's shirt. Dirk quickly grabs his hand and asks where the bathroom is. After being pointed in the right direction, he drags Jake to the bathroom and says two words as he's looking through the medical cabinet.
"Shirt. Off."
Jake complies, slowly taking his shirt off as Dirk finds a spool of bandages, and turning back to Jake. He wets a washcloth and slowly wipes the dries blood from the wound, wincing at the words carved into Jake's chest.
'Gay boy.'
Those words were part of both of them now. And it was his fault. How could he be that blind to leave Jake in the bathroom alone? He lets out a shaky breath and slowly starts wrapping his chest and stomach up in the bandages, flinching as he accidentally wraps around the cuts a bit too tight.
"Sorry Jake..." he mumbles as he finishes wrapping him up in the bandages.
"S'all good chap.. but..." Jake starts, leaving down to his height and slowly points at a certain spot on his chest, and although he isn't looking at where he's pointing, he knows exactly what Jake sees.
"What is that?"
Dirk sighs, mentally cursing himself for wearing a shirt that reveals the scars.
"It's nothing Jake don't worry about it." Dirk replies, obviously not wanting to talk about it. Jake however, has different ideas. He slowly pulls at Dirk's shirt, revealing the scars fully.
"...Dirk, how did this happen?"