Chapter 16

(Hey everyone! I truly apologize for not updating soon, I really wanted to, but I got writers block just as I finished this authors note, and it really just went downhill from there, I apologize once again also please read the ending A/N ^-^ Thanks!)

Dirks POV~

Dirk slowly walked back inside, with shoulders slouched and head down, not letting Jake see his face. He sits down slowly and eventually musters the courage to finally look up at the normal eyed boy.

"Jake I'm sorry for walking out on you like that it's just th-" Dirk started, guilt filling his face as he starts to talk.
"No need Dirk please, I wouldn't be surprised, I mean it's not your fault, its gravity's for making you shades fall off... if it makes you feel any better, your eyes are quite pretty if I do say so myself, I mean it's not normal for a person to have orange eyes, but you know, they suit you quite well."

Now this caught Dirk off guard.
All his life, he was ridiculed, bullied, and even beaten for his eye color, and now someone was complimenting him? He was truly confused. How was one supposed to respond to that? Say thanks and move on?

Dirk shakes his head slightly, clearing the thoughts from his head and just as he was about to say something, his phone goes off. Looking at it, he realized that is was the number he's seen so many times.

It was the hospital.

Bracing himself, he excuses himself and goes into the kitchen, and hesitantly answers the phone.

"Hello? Is this Dirk Strider?"

"Yes it is, what do you need today?"

"Your brother, Dave was sent to the ER, he's currently stable, but requests you, and he won't talk to anyone else currently."

Dirk sighs, but keeps his composure
"Of course, let him know I'll be there in a few minutes, and tell him to stay calm okay?"

"Yes sir, I will let him know right away."

Dirk thanks the person on the line, and quickly hangs up, his stoic appearance slowly vanishing as Jake walks in.
"Dirk, are you all good?"

He slowly turns to face Jake, and with a shaky breath says one word.
"...no."

And proceeds to completely lose it.

(Once again I really do apologize, but now I apologize for what just happened, I'm actually fairly normal feeling today, just in the mood to write something like this. Now before anything else, I'm going on vacation, and I really won't know if Delta updates or not, as I don't have International service on my phone, also, I'll request this again, do you want a 20Q or Q&A thingy? It'll be fun, and you can get to know Delta and I, so let us know in the comments!
~Lights)