Chapter 7

A/N Don't ask how Crimson knows things.

I flew, and I flew fast. There were thirty guards after me, and I was too tired from the fights to battle more. I tried one thing, though.

 Once I had lost them, I flew back to the cave wings drooping from exhaustion. The D.O.D (Dragonets Of Destiny) were already there, as well as tree other SkyWings. I momentarily thought they had brought guards, and then I realized one had a scavenger on their shoulder, and one was smoking. That means those three dragons were. . . 

"Sky! Mom! Peril!" I roared, and thought of exhaustion gone. They turned around, and there were looks of such happiness that I flung myself at Mom. She caught me and she curled around me and I started  sobbing. Sky managed to wriggle into the little ball and hug me.    

------------------------------------------------ Time skip ----------------------------------------------------------------

The D.O.D were dumbfounded. Not JUST because Kestrel had finally shown affection for anyone, but also because Scarlet had loved something.  It turned out to be she loved when I had fought Tsunami and Starflight, and when I had fought Deathbringer, (That's right, THE Deathbringer) who had never been beaten. Peril had also become a lot less fiery.

------------------------------------------------ Another time skip to next day----------------------------------------

The day dawned wet and rainy. Which meant it was the perfect time to go find Clay's parents. Kestrel would be going to Jade Mountain, and we would be going down the Diamond Spray River, which will lead us to the MudWing's territory.

I agreed to use my powers to make us all MudWings excluding Glory, and  we agreed that Clay, Glory, and I would be going. I would go to protect and Glory would go because she has the most deadly and powerful natural weapon. Once we got in the river, we swam to the camp, but there was a huge battlefield, littered with bodies of both MudWings and IceWings, who must've attacked.

"Me, Topaz (me), and Lilypad (Glory) should go from here." Clay said. We jumped and flew towards the camp, where we found a MudWing, and asked them for directions. They guided us to a bunker, where Clay met his mother, Cattail, who apparently sold Clay to the Talons.

On our way back, some MudWings that looked suspiciously  like Clay stopped us. "We heard you asking about a blood-egg. Where is it? Did one of you hatch from it?" asked the eldest. Me and Gl- I mean, Lilypad, looked at each other and stepped back, leaving Clay in the front. I tuned out of their chatter and started talking to Lilypad about how sad it would be to have been sold, until Clay said: "Good-bye. I'll come back as soon as the war is over. Right, Topaz, Lilypad?" "Mm-hmm." I said, not really paying attention. Clay lifted into the air and we followed. He looked back several times as we were flying away.

When we were back, I was startled to see black amongst brown. I flicked my tail and made the us our normal selves. Starflight jumped at the sudden color, looked up, and saw us. "Why is Crimson here?" he asked cautiously. I ignored him and flicked my tail, and there was a huge, hollow tree, went inside, and lay down with a thump with my back facing him.  The others started whispering about how 'there's not a cloud in sight why's she making a shelter?'

THREE MINUTES LATER

The heavens were open, and everyone was in the tree, wondering how I knew that it was going to rain. Luckily, there were levels to the tree, and I was at the top. Sky was with me, and Wren was down a level, drawing.

A/N Does Wren draw? I can't remember.