Chapter 3

A/N The picture above is Sky, or Apricot.

I told Mom and she said we could all look for Apricot. Me and Mom were following the river, When Inferno caught up. " I heard something over here.", she said, frowning. There was a small noise, but my strong ears heard it. Inferno whirled around, her talon whipping out to touch Mom's face.

 She roared in pain and began flying along the river. "APRICOT.", she roared, so loud that the sound echoed off the cliff. "APRICOT!", she roared again.

 I saw a little flash of pale orange, and I flew at high speeds toward it. It turned out to be a scavenger, smaller then the ones that had captured us a few days ago. It was holding Apricot.

' Should I rush in and take Apricot, or should I go back and tell Mom that she doesn't  need to overreact?', I thought. I decided the latter. 

I flew up to Mother and said, " I found Apricot. I know where he is. Buuuut, he's been befriended by a scavenger. Don't overreact!" I said quickly at her fury."I'll follow him to make sure he's okay, Ok Mom? The way I will tell you is I will fly up high into the sky and blow fire. That's the signal. I will do every day. The fire will be pointed at the place we will meet. Okay?", I said. Mother nodded slowly. 

I landed silently near the bush. Unfortunately, not silent enough. The scavenger whipped around and squeaked.Apricot's eyes grew to the size of the moons."C-crimson?", he stammered. "Yes, Apricot it's me. You don't have to go home, but I will be protecting you.", I told him gently. 

He sighed in relief."Now, tell me how exactly you got here?", I questioned. He started explaining," Once you left and there was the sound of battle, I went to the river and went for a swim. But the current overpowered me and I was swept into one of the bushes that hang over the river. 

"But she came and broke a little path through the branches. Then, Mom was roaring my name and I was shivering. She darted into this little bush, and here we are. Please don't be mad, I want to stay with her!", he finished nervously. I was staring at him. Finally, after a long moment, I said "Wow".

Wren Pov

There was a small noise behind me and I whipped around, to see a crimson dragonet about two and a half Skys.

Sky burbled at the dragonet, and she burbled back. 'It seems like they're having a conversation. But how do they know each other? I think I'll call the new one Crimson.' I thought.

Then, Sky started burbling for, like, a minute strait. Crimson stared at him.Then one, small burble escaped her snout.

I started backing away from the dragonets. Sky followed me, and Crimson followed Sky. I sighed." Okay, so I'm not getting away from you guys."

I walked into the forest, the opposite direction from Tailsman. They followed, and I looked back and saw the way they walked. 

It was the exact same way, the rhythm of their feet falling, the tilt of their wings, and the angle of their heads. they even had the same eye color, except Crimson's was a cobalt blue, while Sky has watery blue.

 The realization hit me like a anvil.

 I stumbled, and the sudden movement made me jerk into the world, which made me realize that I was walking off a cliff. 

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!, I screamed. There was a sound like wind rushing through scales, and I was gently picked up. I looked up and saw, Crimson! She had dived down and picked me up!