Chapter 2

As soon as we were back at our cave, I collapsed and started panting. "I've. .never. .flown. . that. . far.", I said, as Mother gave me a concerned look. My siblings were is a similar state.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the soft blanket I used as a pillow. The next morning, the dragons were back. I went to the entrance of the cave, looked up, and saw a group of four dragons flying at high speed toward our cave.

I rushed into Mom's cave and leaned on the rock wall to catch my breath. Once I had regained the ability to breath, I ran to my half-awake mother and said, "Queen Scarlet and three guards are coming."

Mom was wide awake at that, "Go wake Inferno and Apricot. Tell Inferno to help fight and Apricot to hide." "Yes, Mom" I panted.

I rushed into the twins'  room and shook them awake. I had long ago made everybody in my family bracelets that made them immune to firescales, after protecting my soul of course. As I ran out to get ready to fight, I yelled at them, "Inferno, Apricot! Queen Scarlet and her guards are coming! Inferno, you're going to fight! Apricot, hide!"

"Queen Scarlet?" the twins chorused. "Yes, Crimson." I ran to get my bracelet that let me know if my family was in danger.  When I came out of my cave, I enchanted the stone at the entrance to grow vines, bushes, and ferns. I left the cave to make the plants look more natural.

I didn't see the dragons crouching  by the entrance until I saw a flash of movement at the edge of a bush. I roared, " Mom! They're here!" and ran to get Apricot hidden and to find Inferno.

Once I had found Apricot a good hiding spot by the river that flows the the cave, I ran to the entrance cave, and saw the dragon battle.

There was Inferno battling two at the same time, Mom battling Scarlet and a dragon knocked out. I rushed over to help Mom with Scarlet. Mom already had several cut and bruises, so I crept up on Scarlet silently as a snake on a rock. I leapt on Scarlet's shoulders and started pummeling her wings with razor-sharp back talons. She shrieked and threw me off. I lander painfully on my side near Inferno.

Suddenly, more dragon leapt through the greenery to start battling me. I let fire bolt after fire bolt out of my mouth in time to my talons slashing. There was a roar from Mom, "We're out numbered!" 

Scarlet smirked."Yes you are, and we're going to take you  back to the palace, isn't that going to be fun. Isn't that right , Kestrel?" I was startled at how much sweetness there was, but also wary of the deadly lining. 

In that moment of hesitation, the three dragons I was battling grabbed me and pinned me to the ground. "I enchant the stone in this cavern to make me a firescales", I said sweetly, with a deadly core.

Scarlet gasped as I felt a sudden heat burst though me, and the dragons pinning me down burst into flames."Come to me rock."AI enchant this rock to force every SkyWing that isn't Apricot, Inferno, me, and Kestrel out of this cave.", I said, with such deadliness that even Scarlet flinched.

The rock flew out of my talon and smacked into Scarlet. The other SkyWings had already flown out of the cave. Scarlet yelped and followed her guards.

"There.", I said with a deadly smile.'I need to lie down' I thought. "I'm going to get Apricot.", I told Mom. She nodded.I went to the back and thought as I entered the river cave,'I enchant the stone floor to make me be able to switch between firescales and normal.'

'Stop being firescales' I thought, and I felt the burning sensation leave.

"Apricot, you can come out now!"

No answer.

I tried again." Apricot, this is Crimson and Scarlet is gone."

No answer.

I looked in the nook where he hid. Nothing. I looked in his cave. Nothing. I looked in the river. Caught on rock in the river was a pale orange scale.