Our Kiss

Y/n P.O.V

It's been a few months since Jungkook joined our school and since I found out he was my soulmate. I still haven't told my parents and the only person that knows is Ally. I thought that if I were to tell them they would freak out and demand me to get with him. But right now, all I am thinking about is my future.

"Honey, why aren't you eating anything? You barely touched your meal." My father looks up from his phone to see that I haven't eaten. My mom is feeding my baby brother and my brother and his wife were over for dinner. I wasn't in the mood to eat.

"It's nothing I was just thinking about classes."

"Y/n I told you classes aren't the only thing you need to focus on have you even started looking for your soulmate?" My mother looks at me. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"Right cause that's the most important thing in this family."

"Y/n everyone just wants you to be happy."

"I am by myself I am the most happiest person alive."

My phone vibrated and I looked at it. It was a text from Jungkook.

Hey, can you come out for a while? I need to talk to someone.

I stood up from the table, "Well I'm going to my room thank you for the meal. Brother get home safe and take care of my future nephew or niece."

They both smile and his wife stands giving me a hug, "Don't worry about them they just want you to be happy." She whispers into my ear and I go up to my room. I pull out a hoodie from my closet and throw on some sweats.

Ally was calling me so I placed her in my AirPods, "Yo are you busy?"

"Umm...Jungkook told me to meet up why?"

"The student council is planning to have a meeting next week at school."

"About what?"

"Your least favorite subject. The red string."

I fake gagging noises and sighed, "Why so suddenly?"

"They've heard many rumors going around the school of people finding their soulmates and not knowing acting according to manor. Aka similar to you."

"Hey! I didn't reject him I just told him to wait."

I hear her laugh from the other end of the phone, "You're right I guess it's not just you who doesn't want a soulmate."

"Yeah I guess...but tell me more about the meeting later I'm going to meet up Jungkook."

"Okay. Tell him I say hi and that it's not fair he only calls you."

I hang up the phone and finish getting ready to meet Jungkook. I lock the door to my room and sneak out my window. I look to see where my parents are and they seemed upset. I hoped it was nothing serious.

Walking to our secret spot I see Jungkook already there with snacks surrounding him. "Oh no. I know what this means. Who's arguing today?"

"Taehyung and Jimin."

"About?"

"Again it's something ridiculous like they always do."

"Like?"

He seemed like he had a lot in mind and I dislike seeing him deep in thought. Mainly because it doesn't allow him to focus on his art projects.

"They were arguing over a kdrama ship."

"What couple?"

"Over the new drama Suhoo and Seojuon."

"Okay that's a serious ship conversation it's like if they can't agree on a ship we can't be friends. But if they're soulmates I'm sure it will all be solved soon."

"That's the thing. Things got really heated to the point Taehyung walked out the argument."

"And it affects you because you look up to them right?"

"Exactly."

"Well, arguments are normal. At least that I know of but of course it depends on what type of arguments. In a relationship, arguments sometimes have the people better understand themselves. I'm sure they will be able to resolve their problems soon. Is that all you called me out here for?"

"Actually no. I also just wanted to know how are you feeling about the whole soulmate thing. I know we haven't spoken about it since the day we found about each other being soulmates but I still like you and I just want to know how you are feeling." 

I sighed as I bring my legs closer to my chest, "I mean you know that right now I'm focused on my studies. It does not mean I don't want to have someone beside me but right now that may just be a distraction. We are both going to college soon and I don't want to stay in the same building for another four years like Taehyung and Jimin are. I want to leave that building and go somewhere far. Away from this place." 

"I guess you are tired of the society norms? But you know you can't be expressing yourself like that either it's dangerous."

"Well, I trust you." 

I see him leaning closer towards me. I thought for a moment he is going to kiss me. Do I want him to kiss me? What will it mean if it does? 

He comes closer and closer until his forehead meets mine I feel his breathe it's shallow and I didn't think any further I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him in for a kiss. I don't want to mix his feelings up but I want to be near him. 

His warmth has to be because of the red string. Nothing else explains how close I am to him. Why that night I couldn't bring myself to be apart from him. 

"Are you okay?"

I didn't respond. But little did I know was that having him this close to me may result in danger. I left wanting more but knowing that it was all because of a feeling of the moment. That I do not like him. I'm too focused on my own things. 

-To be Continued-