Don't let it get to you

Finally, our lunch break had arrived. I was beginning to get tired of hearing all these students fawn over Jungkook, it's not because I'm jealous it's just tiring since I have to be beside him.

"You look tired y/n." Ally places her tray on the table and looks over at me while I place my head on the table, "I finally get a break. To breathe."

"It couldn't be that bad I was beside you throughout the whole day. I'm just tired of hearing all these girls scream over Jungkook."

"It seems to me you might have a little crush."

I roll my eyes and look over my tray of food. "Why do I still have to be in school why can't I go to art already?"

"Don't you have to go to your program after the art club?"

"Yeah, but they said we can do it from home. All I have to do is work on my presentation and then submit it for them."

"Aren't you tired last night you stayed up applying for your colleges."

I sigh and pull out my double shot Starbucks coffee, "I'm alive as long as I have this."

She sighs and places some of her food on my plate, "Eat a lot, or else you are going to get sick."

I grab her food and see that someone sits across from us, "Hey guys...um can I sit with you today?"

It was Jungkook. I don't know if him being embarrassed annoys me or I find it cute either way I smiled, "Go for it no one else is planning to sit with us."

I say at least that is until he sits with us. The moment he does a group of kids sit at our table, "Hey Jungkook have you ever considered joining our badminton team? You definitely should we tried convincing y/n but she says sports don't help her in the long run at all."

They look towards me and I shrug my shoulder, "I mean if our school barely wins any games and there are no college advisors going I don't see why I should go. I do the soccer team also already I don't wanna over pile myself."

"Wait you don't want to over pile yourself?"

I nod my head as they start laughing, it's a reasonable reaction I do to many activities, and the fact that I said no to something really surprised many. But I don't do many activities just for the jist of them I do it because I actually have to for my future.

"Actually I'm thinking of joining the art club," Jungkook says as he looks over at me for approval.

"Why is it cause y/n is there?? Ooo~ Jungkook I see you trying to go for y/n. Let me just tell you many have tried all have failed. Right y/n?" The guys look over at me smirking knowing they're right.

"Okay and? What's the point of dating someone if they aren't my soulmate?"

They are dumbfounded by my answer, and I sigh one more time starting to get irritated, "Is something you thought I would say. Let's be serious me dating anyone is a huge no right now."

"But what about you're soulmate don't you want to date them?" One of the guys asks as I look over at Jungkook who is already blushing.

"This is ridiculous I do not need to discuss this with any of you guys. If you don't mind Ally and I have to go to office hours." Ally looks over at me confused as I grab our bags and head out the cafeteria leaving Jungkook with his new friends.

"What's going on with you y/n? You normally don't act like this is there something going on?" Ally grabbed her bag stopping us in our steps.

"The truth is..." I tell her the truth and she looks surprised.

"Why aren't you dating him then?"

"Because I don't want to date anyone right now I want to focus on my future."

"He is part of your future."

She was another believer. She believed in the whole soulmate thing as well, the only reason I stan her is because she doesn't drag it as everyone else does.

"Does anyone else know about this?"

"No. Just you know."

She hugs me tightly and smiles, "I'm glad you found your soulmate and that it's the new kid. Whether we barely know him or not he seems like a good guy. Give him a chance even as a friend it doesn't hurt to befriend him. Maybe you might end up actually liking him."

"I don't want to get his hopes up."

"Don't say that because you already are his soulmate. He will always be for you. And don't let all this future stuff get to your head live a little. I say this to you because I'm your friend."

I hug her one more time and smile, "You really do have a way with words you know."

She nods, "Are you ready for after school?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

-To be Continued-