Eye Contact

Is running away really the best option? I can just turn around and act like I didn't see him. But Jungkook is right in front of me and I know we made eye contact between each other; and Ally is right behind me so she will most definitely not let me go safely.

I gather my courage and continue walking I'm about to walk right past him before my arm is grabbed.

"We need to talk." He whispers only audible to me. I don't turn to him for I fear that if I do I will not be able to resist him.

"I'm busy. Ally and I have a meeting before class."

"Can I come?"

"It's only student council."

I hear him sigh and let go of my arm.

"Y/n we have to talk."

I nod in agreement and turn to look at him Im looking down at his shoes. Since when was I scared to make eye contact with someone. Where did my confidence go? Am I in love? I mean I know the answer to that so why am I still afraid?

Come on y/n muster up your courage. This isn't you. Tell him with a straight face and straight into his eyes.

I look straight in his eyes and the moment I do I lose myself in those lovely eyes that I missed seeing. I lose myself for a second before crossing my arms.

"We will talk. Talk when we go to art club. That's it. Please don't speak to me throughout the day in the hallway."

My heart is shattering as I say these words and I see in his eyes it is too. He lets go of my arm and grabs my hand bringing it closer to his chest.

"Y/n please...don't do this. Why are you avoiding me. We were fine just a few days ago."

"Things change."

"Did we change?"

"We'll see when we go to the art club."

"I love you."

"I-" I stay biting my lip I know I can say it. I know I feel the same way. That's what's stopping me. What's not letting me see him eye to eye.

He looks at me with those eyes as if begging for me to answer him. If I say it will he believe me. Will I believe myself?

"I love you too."

I can't stay mad at him. He didn't do anything. On the contrary I found somehow to be jealous over a girl who simply has a red string attracted to him the same way I do. The difference between us is I know him more than her and my love is real.

I inch towards him and hug him. He stays stunned for a second before wrapping his arms around me. He brings his head closer to my arms holding me up.

"Why do you do these things. Do you know how worried I became thinking you might've thought I stopped loving you."

"I know. We still have to talk about certain things but I can't bare being mad at you when you haven't done anything. You have made me happy throughout these past few months. I want to see you on my happy and sad days and share these moments with you. You may be my soulmate by obligation but to me you are my soulmate now by heart too."

It's almost as if time had stopped between us. When I let go of him I see our red string it has become more visible. Now others can see it too. This must mean it's something good. Maybe when I talk about it with my parents they'll explain better.

Ally grabs me by my arm, "Well it's great to see you guys make up and all but we really do have an early council meeting. Kookie see you later please take care of y/n later when I leave her at class."

He nods enthusiastically and stands as he watches us leave towards the room. I can't help but wave as if I would never see him again.

"You'll see him in an hour calm down. I never thought I'd see the day you were in love. Sure liking people here and there but in love who is this and what have you done to y/n?"

I never felt this way before and seeing him in person makes my heart flutter even more. As we walk inside the conference meeting for the student council I see something written on the board.

Ideas for Festival

The whole meeting was unnecessary. They could've sent us an email with this information yet here Ally and I are listening to ideas that other classes are throwing. Ally and I sit in silence looking around and back at the empty sheet of paper that is supposed to be for our ideas.

Ally whispers in my ear, "Why don't we do a band for the festival?"

"A band!" I shout raising my hand everyone turning to us. Ally stays silent nudging my shoulder, "Yes a band. Our class would like to make a band and preform at the festival inviting other bands and talent to perform on the stage we create."

With a stamp the head president our ideas are approved she hands the paper to us and smiles, "I expect something out of this world for this class. Y/n I'm hoping to see you take my steps when I graduate."

I nod enthusiastically knowing deep down I still don't want to stay here forever. But with that we are done. Ally and I finally leave the meeting and head to our class. Walking into class I see Jungkook seated near my table. However, next to him she is already there.

I can't help but just look away and follow Ally to our seats. We are so close. But so far away. I notice the red string wrapped around my finger and see as it goes towards Jungkook. I am his soulmate and he is mine. I shouldn't be afraid.

As the bell rings I head out Ally following behind. I hear my name being called, "Y/n! Wait for me."

I don't want to walk away from him but he is probably with her. Even the thought of her name I don't want to know about. She hasn't done anything to me yet the idea of what she could do I am scared of.

If Jungkook were to hear my thoughts he would be disappointed in me.

I feel a sudden hand grab bringing me back to reality. When did he catch up?

He was out of breathe almost as if I had walked too fast for him. He held my arm and pulled me towards him.

"Why do you run from me? I tell you I want you yet you run from me. Why?!"

His sudden shout brings the attention of people. Not this again. This reminds me of the first day we met.

I see our red string right next to us. I start looking around as people begin surrounding us. The anxiety begins to kick in as I feel my heart beating faster.

He holds my head close to his, "I should be the only one you focus on. Look at me the same way I look at you."

-To be Continued-