A little more

Y/n P.V.

I walk back to the classroom and look at my red string that shows my connection to him. 

Is this guy really my soulmate?

Why do I feel like every time I see him my heart starts racing? Is this something that the red string triggers? I try to ignore him during class but weirdly enough I find myself turning back to look at him. He smiles and I turn back avoiding his gaze. I start drawing in my notebook and daydream about my drawing. 

"Mrs. Nam would you mind sharing with the class what you are so invested in your notebook?"

I look up at my professor and shake my head, "I apologize professor were you asking for the answer to the fifth question?"

"Yes, do you care to answer it?"

I look at it and sigh, "The answer would be radical 5 with an imaginary number of 4i. Would that be correct?"

He nods and walks past my desk, "Very well, next time do write the notes instead of your drawing, or else I will show it to the class."

I roll my eyes and continue looking at the drawing a smile comes across my face and I realized I have created another piece of work. 

According to my professor as the student council, I should be a guide for Jungkook for the day so he can get used to the school environment. Personally, I think he is adjusting well clearly I say seeing every girl fawn over him.

"Is that a hint of jealousy I see?" My friend leans on the wall beside me while we wait for our gym instructor. 

Scoffing I turn towards her, "If I was jealous you would see me throwing a ball claiming we are playing dodge ball."

She stays quiet.

"BUT I'M NOT."

"Your actions speak louder than words." She simply mutters as she walks over the basket full of dodgeballs. Gosh, she is so tempting, I start walking over the basket until our instructor arrived.

"Alright, guys sorry for showing up late today we will be playing a game of badminton. Are you excited?"

The class cheers enthusiastically evidently because everyone wants to partner up with the new kid. Sadly, it's only teams of 4 pitty for the girls. I look over my friend and walk towards her with the group we always form before being grabbed by my wrist.

"Um...y/n do you mind being my partner for today?"

I stare blankly at him until his question finally hit me, "WHAT?"

"I mean my partner for badminton. Not for anything else." He started blushing intensely and looked away, "It's okay if you don't want to I will totally understand no pressure. I was just wondering since you are the first friend I made." 

"Look Jungkook I appreciate the thought but I take school very seriously and that includes gym class. I intend on winning every round. Do you think you can keep up?"

He nods and grabs a racket. "I am prepared for any task."

I sigh and look over at the group of girls who are throwing darts at me, "Choose two more girls from your groupie to join us." I look over at my friend and she nods smiling at me, "Look at you two bonding. I'll be taking one of your friends, new kid since you stole my best player." 

I really hope he is good. He picks two other girls to join the team and I remember seeing them play before. They aren't bad but they aren't the greatest either. But it is what it is. 

We start off in the middle and prepare ourselves to compete against the girls. They both look like they are discussing something before coming over to the net.

"Ready?" Jungkook starts off with the birdie. He starts the serve 0-0 and as he raises his arm to hit the birdie it immediately hits the other side successfully as the girls turn around to see where it had hit. 

"Wow," I say in awe seeing how his formation was perfect and he still cheekily smiled rubbing the back of his head. 

The rest of the gym class ran like this either one of us would serve and it would be an automatic win and if not a good enough game that would leave us breaking a sweat. 

"You did well today. I didn't know you were good at badminton. You sure you don't wanna join the team instead of the art club?"

He shakes his head and stretches his hand out, "I will join the art club." I hand him my badminton and walk away, "See you later then." 

My friend dashes towards me, "Seems like you guys are getting closer. You sure you won't like him?"

"We are not getting closer. I don't have time to focus on guys. I have to finish high school and prepare for the meeting for the student council. You are assisting in the art club today, right? Vice art president." I nudge her shoulder and she looks away trying to avoid my gaze.

"You know I can't say no to you. But I think we should switch. I'll tell the student council what the art club is planning to do for the carnival and you stay in the art club. Didn't you say the new kid was going to sign up?"

I nod and she smiles placing her arm around me, "Then he needs to see what our art club president is made of."

"You make me sound mean."

"When it comes to art you become very serious. and start yelling at people." 

"Fair enough."

We grab our things and head towards our next class. I look over at Jungkook just to make sure he knows where he is going. He looks up at me and smiles waving his hand before being joined by other girls. 

"Jungkook let me help you to your next class! Aren't you supposed to be getting help?"

The girls look over at me and I feel a wave of guilt, "Jungkook come join us we will take you to your next class." I look over at him causing my friend to stop in her steps. 

The girls look over at me and roll their eyes, "You are offering after we said it. Weren't you supposed to do it in general as the student council?"

"I'm sorry does there seem to be an issue that I am simply asking for some personal space?" I walk up to the girl who is starting to look annoyed by my attitude.

"Listen y/n just because you are the student council, the art club president, do your little volunteer work at the animal shelter doesn't mean you're all that."

"Well um...Rebecca was it? Thank you for being so informed in my life if I update it I will surely let you know but I would focus on your own life. I don't think your parents will be thrilled to hear about your little make-out sessions under the bleachers or should we find out?"

At this moment she looks furious and before she could raise her hand towards me Jungkook grabbed her wrist, "Before laying a hand on my soulmate I would consider who you will be messing with."

I am not sure whether I should be happy he is defending me or upset that he is defending me. A crowd has gathered around our little circle and I sigh before looking over the crowd. 

"Thank you, everyone, for your time and your presence but I believe the bell will ring soon so please be on your way to your next class as we all should." I look over at Rebecca who turns around and walks in the opposite direction. 

"That was something else y/n. I didn't think you would bring up the bleacher situation I thought we were going to talk about it at the meeting?" 

"Listen Ally. The girl was getting at my last straw I had to tell her something she for sure would be triggered by."

"You were great there."

"Thank you." I look over at Jungkook who looks more in awe than I was during gym class. He smiles, "I guess this makes me like you a bit more."

-To be Continued-