FOURTEEN

warning: nsfw

An emotional weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Spencer had graciously welcomed my trauma and held it alongside his own without a second thought.

For the past couple of weeks, we acted differently around each other. That's not to say we hadn't obviously been more than "just friends" for quite some time now, but things were especially different now.

In the past, it was like we would go to any lengths to hide our true feelings from each other, to not even admit them to ourselves. But now, we did everything short of make out in front of the team. We spent every waking moment together, every second between cases, every day in the bullpen sharing sly smiles from across the room. We held hands under the table on the jet and sneaked kisses in the breakroom when we thought no one was looking.

One look at him and all of my worries would just melt away. It seems like sometimes he would test out that fact just to see how far he could push me.

"Ow! What the hell was that?" I half-shouted as I rubbed the growing sore spot on the top of my head.

Spencer was showing off his 'physics magic' again. I normally found it pretty amusing, just not when I was the one who got hit with the tiny plastic rocket. "I-I'm sorry!" Spencer's lips curled up slightly as he tried to hold back laughter at my annoyed expression. It definitely didn't help that Morgan and Prentiss were giggling behind him when it happened.

"Better go apologize to your girlfriend, pretty boy," Morgan joked, smacking Spencer's shoulder.

What I heard him say next wasn't technically wrong, but it didn't mean it didn't hurt me any less. "She's not my girlfriend." The blush on his face was as red as the quickly approaching Garcia's lipstick.

"Hello, my lovelies! What's everyone dressing up as tonight?"

Today just so happened to be Halloween – Spencer's favorite holiday – and Rossi was throwing a huge party at his mansion. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Halloween, it just seemed that every year when it rolled around, I could never think of a good enough costume. If I happened to get invited to a party, I would generally opt to throw on whatever I could find in my closet.

This year wasn't much different, but little did Spencer know, I had a surprise in store for him.

----

The end of the day came, and Spencer and I left together, stopping by my apartment to get ready before heading to Rossi's.

My excitement and nervousness grew in the pit of my stomach as I reached into my underwear drawer and pulled out my surprise. It was a black lingerie set. The push up bra was covered in lace and had extra straps that rested over my breasts, accentuating my cleavage, and the panties (if you could call them that – they were more for show than anything else) hooked down to my lace-lined pantyhose.

I carefully put on the black set and stood admiring myself in the floor length mirror in my bedroom. Damn, I was hot. Just as my narcissism was waning, Spencer walked into my room, all decked out dressed as whatever monster he was going as this year.

His jaw dropped so far he had to pick it up off of the ground. "Y/n..."

"You like?" I teased. I knew he did, but that didn't stop me from asking.

"You look... hot." He took a few steps towards me, reaching out to touch what I was wearing just for him.

I smacked his hands away and flashed him a playful smile. "Nope. No touching until after the party."