THREE

warning: nsfw

It had been about a week since that night in Reid's apartment. I had successfully avoided all of his attempts to talk about what happened, and I was intent on keeping it that way.

Just as I thought I was in the clear, I heard my phone buzz. I grabbed my phone off the table of the jet and saw a text.

Reid: Can we talk?

Damn it.

Me: Meet me by my car after we land.

I was cornered. It's not like I could pretend I didn't see the text because he was sitting 10 feet away from me and probably saw me pick up my phone. I laid my head back against my seat in defeat and turned up my music. Much to my dismay, it did little to distract my mind from thinking of all the possibilities tonight would bring.

----

The drive back to Reid's place was filled with small talk and anticipation of the real reason we were going there.

We climbed the steps to his apartment, and he unlocked his door. He swung it open, letting me walk through first before entering himself. I set down my go bag near the near the couch and stood awkwardly in the middle of the living room. He locked the door and I watched his eyes flick down to where I was scratching at my arms.

I didn't even realize I was doing it. It was one of those nervous tics I developed as a teenager and never seemed to outgrow.

"Listen, y/n," Spencer took a few steps towards me. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable last week, and I didn't ask you up for coffee with the intention that would happen."

"It's okay, Spencer, I promise." That was the first time I called him by anything other than Reid.

I kept my eyes glued to my feet, studying the way my ratty pair of Vans looked against his wood floors. He didn't say another word as I worked up the courage to walk towards him. I finally tore my eyes away from my shoes and looked up to see him staring sweetly back down at me, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

Every ounce of common sense I had told me not to do it. That this would only ruin things so soon after I joined the BAU. That as much as I could try, I would never be available for more than a hook up. But I compartmentalized those thoughts, convincing myself it was a problem for future me.

I fully understood the selfish hypocrisy of my next actions. I was the one that turned him down last time. But nevertheless, in spite of the fear of rejection spreading throughout my mind, I lifted both my hands up to grip his arms.

He flinched slightly before relaxing into my touch. The once sensitive look on his face changed to that of a more curious one.

I tried to answer the questions his eyes were asking me by bringing my hand up to his face and gently running my thumb across his cheek. He paused briefly, thinking through every possible outcome before responding with a kiss, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me as close as he could.

We maintained the kiss as he guided me backwards down the hall to his room. The bed hit the back of my knees and they buckled, forcing me to fall down onto the bed. I giggled and looked up at Spencer standing in front of me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He searched my eyes for any hint of hesitancy.

"I'm sure." I gave him a playful smile and scooted back on the bed. I suddenly found myself not caring about the rule I made to never get involved with a coworker.