TWENTY-TWO

warning: nsfw (kinda)

"Ow. Who the hell decided it would be a good idea to sleep on the floor?" I groaned and rubbed my very sore, very stiff neck. The fire had burnt out overnight, the only light illuminating the room coming from the gaps between the curtains.

"A couple of idiots, I think." He placed a small kiss on the top of my head. "C-Can we talk about something, though?" he asked.

"Mhm," I hummed, my eyes closing again as my head rested against his chest.

"I want to tell the team... about us. I just- I can't keep hiding how I feel about you, because I-I'm all in. You're it for me." he declared.

I lifted my head and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Well then. We'll just have to find the right time," I agreed. "...but could it wait until later? I desperately need some coffee first."

"Of course, my love. I'm sure it's time for us to get up, anyways." He stood, his unused joints cracking with the movement. His hand reached out to pull me up from the floor. Just as I became upright, he grabbed the back of my legs and threw me over his shoulder.

"Ew, Spence your bare ass is in my face!" I shrieked. We still hadn't put any clothes on after our activities from the night before.

"Oh, don't act like you don't like it," he smirked. He carried me to the bathroom where he set me down just outside of the shower. "I'll grab our stuff; turn on the water, will you?"

I smiled and turned on the shower, letting the water heat up before stepping in. He only looked a little disappointed to see me standing under the water, already soaking wet without him. "Dr. Reid, you're staring," I teased.

"What, I can't look at my very naked girlfriend who's waiting for me in the shower?" he asked defensively.

"No, I'm just saying I'd rather you join me in here than stand out there." He followed my directions and got in with me. "Bend down, please..." I instructed. "...so I can reach." His hair didn't take long to soak under the pressure of the water.

I squeezed some shampoo in my hands and lathered it before massaging it onto his scalp. He stood up straight and I leaned his head back, trying my hardest not to let the soap run down into his eyes. I raked conditioner through the ends of his short hair and let it sit while I washed his body.

I ran my hands up and down his small, yet surprisingly muscular arms, all over his toned torso and back. I got lost in my thoughts and motions until Spencer leaned down and kissed my forehead, gently reminding me of what was happening.

I rinsed the soap and conditioner from his body and hair, respectively. His hands grabbed my shoulders and switched our positions so I was back under the stream of water. I closed my eyes and let him shampoo and condition my hair.

"I think you're enjoying this a little too much," he observed.

"Not possible." I shook my head. I reveled in the way his giant, gentle hands felt in my hair, cleaning me how I just did him.

I squealed at the feeling of his fingertips ghosting along my abdomen. This son of a bitch was actually tickling me. "Spence-wait-stop!" I cried out in between my fits of laughter. "I-don't-wanna-fall!"

Right as I finished begging him to stop, my foot slipped on the wet floor. I was inches away from falling directly onto my ass, but Spencer hooked his arms under my back and caught me. I gave him my best pouting "I told you so" face as he helped me stand again.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," the goofy smile spread across his entire face. I finished rinsing my body of the soap and we both got out and dried off.

"Hey, can I wear one of your cardigans today?" I asked as I walked into the now starkly chilly room towards our bags. It's not that I didn't have any clean clothes to wear – everyone always made fun of me for how much I packed – it's just that I wanted to wear something of his. I wanted to feel his arms wrapped around me all day without him actually touching me. I wanted to smell like the fresh scent of his laundry detergent.