FOUR

warning: nsfw, mentions of addiction

I awoke to the sound of my phone buzzing on my nightstand. I fumbled for it in the dark before mumbling a "hello?"

"It's Hotch. We have a case and it's urgent. Get here as fast as you can."

"Okay, be there in 30." I hung up.

The clock on my phone said 4:37am. I groaned before reaching to turn on the lamp. I threw on a pair of slacks and a sweater, meanwhile dumping out my go bag and stuffing it with clean clothes. I'm thankful that I showered a couple hours ago after getting back from Spencer's.

I sped to the BAU while using every red light to put on what little makeup I could. I parked and giggled to myself in the rearview mirror. I felt like a teenager again, putting on concealer to hide the fresh hickies on my neck.

I exited the elevator and walked through the glass doors to the BAU, not stopping at my desk before making a beeline to the break room. I needed coffee. Now.

"H-Hey, Reid." Of course he was the only other one in the room.

He didn't so much as look up at me as he dumped copious amounts of sugar in his coffee and abruptly said "I think this goes without saying, but don't tell the team what happened last night."

I chuckled. "I may not be a literal genius, but I'm not stupid." I playfully jabbed him in the side with my elbow before fixing my own cup of coffee.

Still not meeting my eyes, he smiled, "good," and left, walking up to join the team for the briefing.

"Good morning, everyone. Our next case is in Great Falls, Montana. Three brunette Caucasian women have been reported missing over the last 14 months. A fourth woman just went missing from a local grocery store."

"Montana's requesting our help?" questioned a man I presumed to be Rossi. I knew little about him other than the books he wrote about his time at the FBI. Garcia told me he was joining the team; I was just surprised it was for one of our early morning cases.

"40 minutes after the abduction, Troopers spotted her car on the highway. When they tried to apprehend the driver, he blew himself up with a grenade, sending one officer to the ICU." Hotch added. "We'll discuss more on the jet. Wheels up in 30."

----

After in Montana, it didn't take us long to figure out who the dead unsub was. Now, our main priority was finding the fourth victim alive.

Reid and I pulled up outside of the dead unsub's neighbor's house. There was trash strewn across dirt patch out front, and the walls surrounding the door were plastered in signs saying things like "keep Montana armed" and "no solicitors" scrawled out on pieces of cardboard.

He knocked on the screen door and I stood a few feet behind him.

A man approached and warned "what the hell do you want? Can't you read?"

"Sir we're not salesmen, we're with the FBI." I stated as we both flashed our badges.

"You're not serious." He turned and gestured towards Reid. "You look like a pipe cleaner with eyes."

I tried my hardest to contain my laughter, but I couldn't help but smile at the comment. He wasn't wrong.

We found the fourth victim, recently killed, behind the unsub's house. Her body was laid among rose bushes, blood staining her shirt. How fitting, I thought. I know that red roses typically symbolize love, beauty, romance, etc., but to me they only ever seemed to be surrounded by death.