TWENTY-ONE

warning: nsfw

"Welcome back, hot stuff," Morgan patted me on the shoulder. "Just in time for a new case."

"My lucky day," I smiled and set my stuff down at my desk, following Morgan up to the conference room where everyone was already gathered.

I entered to smiles and greetings from the team and settled down in my normal chair next to Spencer. "Welcome back, y/n," Spencer smirked, not looking up from the case file in front of him. He said it as if we didn't drive here together or haven't been spending every single moment together (when he wasn't on a case) for the past month.

Hotch came into the room and took his seat. "Good to have you back, y/l/n. Let's get started." He motioned for Garcia to start presenting the case.

"Anchorage field office is asking us to investigate a series of murders in Franklin, Alaska. It's their first murder investigation on record." She clicked through maps and pictures on the screen.

"How many victims?" I asked.

"Three so far. There's a new one every two days," she stated.

"Alright, everyone, it's a long flight. We'll brief more on the jet. Wheels up in 30." Hotch announced as we stood up and filed out.

Much to our surprise, Spencer and I were the first two on the jet. We took the two seats on the jet where when we were in the air, no one would be able to see us over the backs of the chair. That is, hoping someone didn't sit down directly across from us.

I leaned over him to look out of the small cabin window to watch crews de-ice the wings. This December in D.C. was colder than normal – and there was no end in sight. Spencer took advantage of the close proximity of our faces. He hooked his finger under my jaw and pulled my lips to his. It was a hurried kiss – rightfully so, because someone else could board the jet at any moment.

But as seems the case with us lately, we became completely entranced in each other's presence and lost track of time and space. We both would've been happy to stay there, lips locked, but that's not the way the universe works.

Rossi cleared his throat.

Fuck. Spencer and I flew apart like shrapnel, the other instantaneously becoming repulsive. That's what it looked like, at least.

My face flushed a deep red color, one that matched Spencer's crimson tie. I didn't look at Spencer, instead craning my neck to see Rossi with a reprimanding, but somehow excited look on his face.

"It's about time, you two! I'll keep your secret, but you might want to stop before the rest of them get here, or else I won't have to." He walked to the other side of the jet where he always sat with Hotch.

It was a long ass flight. Almost 11 full hours stuck on the jet. Spencer and I spent basically all of it reading. My head rested on his shoulder as he flipped through the pages, but he would only turn it after I squeezed his bicep to indicate I was done.

Garcia was coming with us this time because the internet in small town Alaska wasn't always the most reliable. Her computer skills carried about half of the work this team did, and we couldn't solve anything without her. So, due to limited seating, her and Morgan had ended up sitting across from us. I was kind of grateful for that, though – it kept Spencer and me in line.

----

We gathered in the lobby of the lodge we were staying at, me the last to walk in. My tardiness meant all of the seats on the native patterned couches and chairs were all taken. I settled for the position to stand behind where Spencer was sitting on the couch. I rested my forearms on the back of the couch on either side of his head.