Baubles, Bangles, and Beads

It was Saturday night. You were almost through the live broadcast of the show when you found yourself wondering where the week had gone. Everything surrounding the night's performances was going off without a hitch. The sketch Jules pitched on Wednesday as a joke in hopes of making you uncomfortable backfired, mostly because the host found it to be hilarious. Needless to say, she was the only one blushing as she soon realized her wish of seeing him shirtless was to be granted.

Charlie was at your place, counting down the minutes until you were off. Still remorseful for causing you so much upset with his joke, he vowed to start staying at your apartment more. You occasionally checked your phone to see what he was up to. He knew you weren't able to reply, but he still wanted to let you know you were on his mind.

Charlie: I know you said you probably wouldn't want to eat when you get in, but I made spinach artichoke dip just in case. There's also a small veggie platter...and I might have cut up some fruit.

Charlie: Before you say anything, yes I went to the store for you. You didn't have anything in your fridge! I had to! Blame the dad in me... who is also in you on occasion. ;)
Charlie: I'm so disappointed in myself for even sending that. Please don't stop talking to me.
Charlie: Jesus Christ. You at work not able to reply makes the silence all the more deafening.

Charlie: In other news, I fixed your sink. No food in your place, but you have a tool kit. Color me impressed. This is also probably a bad time to tell you your apartment is flooded.
Charlie: See, now that's a joke.
Charlie: You can tell me later how you giggled. I can't hear you since you're across town.
Charlie: Why do you like me again? :)

You could picture Charlie there on your couch laughing at his own jokes a little too hard, almost proud of himself. It was one of the things that made you love him most. You adored the way he'd get a twinkle in his eye whenever he laughed.

When you walked in the door later that night, he was listening to some type of Frank Sinatra bossa nova number while washing dishes. Charlie lit up the moment he spied you.

"Hey, you. I thought I heard your key in the door."

You smiled, knowing all too well in that small apartment there was no way you could sneak up on him. "I missed you." He dried his hands on the dishtowel next to him on the sink and came over to wrap his arms around you, his lips capturing yours in a tender kiss.

"Hello to you too." He took your hand in his, encouraging you to let him spin you. You grinned as he pulled you back to his body, swaying slowly in rhythm with the music.

"I hope this won't come as a disappointment to you, but this is as good as my dancing gets," he admitted, teasing all the while.

"At least you won't step on my feet when we dance."
"There is that, you're right. I've gotten pretty far with my swaying."
"Oh?"
"It's a confidence thing. It's all in the hips."

Your looked up at him with interested eyes, your arms coming to rest around his neck. "You're awfully good with those hips too."

He gave you a knowing look. His hand drifted to your ass, pulling you in even closer until your body was flush with his, causing you to gasp.

"And, for what it's worth, you're a better dancer than you think."
"In or out of the bedroom?"
"Both."

You ebbed and flowed, his lips finding yours once more as your bodies moved in tandem to the music.