𝐯𝐢. we are family

A typical Saturday night. A typical Saturday night to the Andrews' family was always the night they'd get together, have a chatter and a meal which was always cooked by Maisie and Ollie's mum, Maya. These gatherings always consisted of Maisie, her dad Arthur, Maya, Ollie, her nephew Teddy and occasionally her sister-in-law Nicole.

"Lovely to see you Mais, you look rather bright." Arthur tried his hardest to compliment his youngest's luminous green tracksuit.

"Yeah, thanks dad." Maisie sarcastically said before going into the living room where she was met by Ollie and Teddy.

"Where's Nicole?" As she looked around the room for her sister-in-law, who obviously had missed out on another Saturday night.

"Work things." Ollie shrugged it off as Teddy left his grasp to welcome his auntie, who he absolutely adored. "Just me and the wee man again tonight."

"Not a bad thing, I suppose." The younger of the pair slightly chuckled to herself. Although she was alright with her, there was something that didn't sit right

"Hello, wee man!" Maisie opened her arms for the little boy to give him a long awaited cuddle.

"Auntie Maisie!" He chimed back, clinging around her now. "We're matching!" The little boy pointed out their outfits which were both green.

"We sure are, buddy." She chuckled away to herself, with her nephew who would now be stuck to her like glue for the rest of the night.

"Up to anything exciting then? Apart from stealing my child like every other Saturday night." Her older brother questioned.

"Just the usual uni stuff and the odd night out, as exciting as it gets." Maisie explained before realising she might actually have something exciting to tell her brother. "You are a Man United fan aren't you?"

"Celtic and United die hard, that's common knowledge." Ollie chuckled, his love for football was fairly obvious. "Why do you ask?"

"Bumped into a player the other night when I was out with the girls, we're pretty good friends now." She explained, with Ollie's eyes slightly lightening up.

"Which one? Why aren't you telling me this until now?" Her older brother exclaimed.

"I didn't think it was that exciting." Maisie shrugged. "Scott McTominay, bumped into him down the karaoke bar the other night with Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney. We exchanges numbers and the rest is history." As she decided not to dwell any further into what happened between her and the Manchester United star.

"Absolute legends!" He sounded sad he had missed out for a second. "Exchanging numbers, is my sister getting off with Scott McTominay?"

"No! Why would that even cross your mind?" Maisie got all defensive, with her cheeks flushing a shade of red.

"Oh, don't lie!" No matter their age, her older brother would still do anything in his power to wind her up.

"Whats all the noise for?" Maya came into the living room. "That's your tea ready." Thankfully from her interruption, no further windups could occur.

✦✧✦

After the commotion was stopped before it had even kicked off, Ollie's attention was turned to Maisie's ringing phone.