𝐢𝐱. half the world away

Just like that, from that one simple message, Maisie didn't know why she had agreed to the spontaneous trip to Manchester to see the bloke she had met twice which was set up by his teammate who she didn't even know.

Well, that was all part of the fun of it.

With everything now in place and booked, it was only now down to Maisie to catch the train down to Manchester, where she would be picked up by Daniel and his girlfriend Ria, all in hope to surprise Scott.

"Now don't do anything that I would do." Callie giggled, engulfing her best friend in a teddy bear hug at the train station. "I'm gonna miss you!"

"You're acting like she's never going to come back, get a grip." Ebony chuckled to herself, as the girls said their goodbyes.

"She might not, I bet Scott's got that charm about him." Callie jokingly winked. "I guess I'm just a sucker for goodbyes."

"Oh, shut it, you!" Maisie shot a look to her best friend, trying her hardest to discard of the red her cheeks had flushed.

"Well, enjoy yourself." Ebony smiled, with it now being her turn to hug her best friend goodbye. "Bear in mind, you better tell us everything."

"Of course, you two will be the first to know if anything goes on." Maisie shook her head at the pair.

How could she not love those two idiots?

✦✧✦

"You are Maisie, right?" A voice said, stopping Maisie in her tracks, wheeling her suitcase through the station.

"Daniel and Ria, right?" The Glaswegian girl softly smiled as her attention turned to couple who looked to be about the same age as her. "It's so nice to meet you."

"You as well! You're gonna love it here." Ria returned the smile, giving the girl a welcoming hug.

"I can't believe I'm here, I love it already." Maisie said in awe. From looking around at her surroundings, it was already so much bigger and busier than her hometown of Glasgow.

"I think you've got this one to thank for it." The blonde haired girl's smile didn't leave her face as she ruffled up the taller boy's dark hair. "He is a gooden, sometimes."

"Hey, not fair!" Daniel fake pouted at the smaller girl. "But it is lovely to meet you, Maisie, thank you for agreeing to my weird but wonderful idea."

"Alright, Einstein."

"Are you ready to go and give your boyfriend the surprise of his life?" The Manchester United player chuckled, receiving a playful punch on either shoulder from both of the girls.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Be nice to her, Dan."

It was clear that these three were going to get on like a treat.

✦✧✦

With it all in place, the plan was for Daniel and Ria to hide out at Scott's, for him to come home and find Maisie. Which was ultimately the big surprise for the footballer.

"Dan?" Scott's Lancaster accent called out, only to not receive a reply back. "Typical, never sticks to his plans." He sighed to himself, walking into the living room.

Maisie sat on the sofa, waiting for Scott to finally react in one way or another. Hopefully, it would be how and had hoped.

"Maisie?" The footballer finally reacted, raising his eyebrow in disbelief. "Maisie, what are you doing here? Did Daniel have something to do with this?"

"Are you not happy to see me?" The brown haired girl fake pouted at Scott. "But it says between you and I, he did reach out to me on Instagram."

"Of course I am, it was just a bit of a surprise." The Scotland International softly smiled,
putting his arms out in front of Maisie. "Come here, you!"

With that being said, the two shared and enjoyed one another's warm embrace for a couple of moments, before breaking apart.

"Mission accomplished!" Daniel burst into the living room with Ria by his side, the couple high-fiving one another in success. "To the happy couple!"

"Their not a couple, yet." Ria reminded, poking his shoulder. "Someone's got to play matchmaker, haven't they?"

"I should have known, you never seem to fail, do you Dan?" Scott shook his head, keeping an arm around the smaller girl.

"Well, someone had to do it, seeing as you refused to ask Maisie to come down." He shrugged to himself.

"Ouch, feelings hurt." Maisie said, jokingly acted hurt.

"It wasn't like that, there's much more to explain." Scott said, shooting her a reassuring smile.

Although neither of them could really care, all it mattered was that they were now in each other's company, no matter how it happened.

"How about we have a takeaway or something? A welcome celebration for our Mais here?" Ria questioned, which seemed to take everyone's fancy.

"If Ole finds out though, we do have a big game tomorrow." Dan said, screwing his face up at the thought of the risky idea.

"What he doesn't know wont hurt him." Scott shrugged it off. "Anything's worth it for this one, ain't it?"

"Hurry up and get together." The blonde haired girl's heart about melted, watching Scott in awe over the girl. "What do you fancy to eat then?"

"How about Pizza?" Maisie suggested.

"That's his favourite!" Daniel pointed out, as the footballers face flushed a shade of red."I just know you two get a long too well for friends."

✦✧✦

somewhat a regular update? i've even surprised myself with that one, ahah. keep your eyes peeled, i hope to update 'everything i didn't say' and 'defenceless' at some point over the next week or two.

i'm so out of a routine being back at school full time and struggling to get back into one, so please bear with me and (hopefully) i may make up an upload schedule <3

what's the first thing you can't wait to do once restrictions are finally lifted?

for me, i need a trip to primark! i also can't wait to have my first legal drink out and also to finally get back to concerts.

all my love, b x