𝐱. this is the one

With Daniel being able to sort everything for the weekend out, to top it off, Maisie had the chance to watch a match before it was time to leave again.

"It's even bigger in person!" Maisie exclaimed, in amazement outside Old Trafford. "Just wait until Ollie sees this." She reached for her phone to take yet another photograph of the stadium.

"You are such a tourist." Scott chuckled away to himself, as he watched the Glaswegian to be continually amazed by the place.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" The brunette fake pouted at him before returning her gaze back to the football ground. "Doesn't this amaze you every time you come here?"

"I must say I am used to it, after all it is my job." The blonde haired boy shrugged it off, as the pair stood together. "I admire your fascination though."

"Now your just being sarcastic." She faked pouted once more, before playfully punching his shoulder. "Sometimes, I really hate you."

"You know your cute when you're angry." Scott joked as a grin appeared wider on his face, noticing the girl's cheeks had flushed a shade of pink. "But I hate you too!"

"Right, stop it." Maisie shook her head, feeling the slight embarrassment from her blushing cheeks. "I really do hate you right now."

"Come on, love birds!" The pairs moment was quickly broken apart by the calls of Daniel with Ria by his side. "This game can't play itself."

"I guess this is our cue to go." Scott awkwardly shifted, scratching the back of his head. "Enjoy the game."

"You better grab us a goal then, otherwise I wont." She jokingly teased, seeing that Ria was waiting for her to go up to the stands together. "I guess I'll see you at the end then, yeah?"

"Mais, one last thing." He called Maisie back, stopping her in her tracks. "Meet me in the tunnel at half time?"

"Of course." Maisie nodded excitedly. "See you at half time." She said, now wearing a more confident smile.

✰  ✰  ✰

"Where are you off too?" Ria asked, looking dumbfounded at the Scottish girl.

"The toilet." Maisie lied straight through her teeth, noticing the blonde haired girl was away to get up with her. "I can manage."

"Are you sure? I don't want you getting lost now." She asked, just to make sure. Although, Maisie was going to be just fine.

"Yeah, don't worry." The brunette reassured the other girl before going off on her tracks, trying to remember the way that Scott had instructed her to go to the tunnel.

"Are you lost?" A familiar voice called down, making Maisie jump straight out of her skin. "It's only me."

"Alright apart from almost needing a change of underwear." Maisie shook her head, walking further down to see Scott. "How were you able to sneak away?"

"Toilet, what about you?"

"The toilet too." The Glaswegian girl smirked, as the pair laughed in unison. "There better be good reason to have called me down here."

"What if I just wanted to say hello?" Scott furrowed his brows at the smaller girl.

"Well you've said it, so in that case I should be going." She teased and tried to walk away, before being pulled back by the grasp of Scott's hand.

"I was kidding." He shook his head in slight frustration. "In all honesty, I just wanted to spend a but more time together before you have to go later."

"So you sneak away at half time, real classy Scott." Maisie chuckled to herself. "Wonder what the manager would say if he found out."

"Not if I don't grass, love birds." Daniel popped his head out from around the changing room door. "I should've known, you never use the toilets round the other side."

"I should've known to have expected to see Dan the Man round here somewhere." Maisie shook her head at his cheeky looking face.

"At least hurry back, the gaffer is needing a chat with us shortly and it's you we're waiting for." He warned sternly before returning to the rest of the team.

"I suppose I better get off then before I do get in trouble." Scott said, looking round the corridors to ensure no one else was around.

"See you full time, yeah?"

"One last thing." Scott spat out, keeping the girl on her toes a little bit longer. Before they knew it, their lips were locked in one long and passionate kiss.

✰  ✰  ✰

"So, this is it." Scott sadly sighed with the realisation that the weekend they had spent together had already went by like the speed of light. "I can't believe you're going back already."

"Don't. I can't do goodbyes, not even the soppy kind." Maisie light heartedly chucked before biting down on her bottom lip. "Thank you for such an amazing time away."

"You have Daniel to thank for that one." He laughed. Even though he couldn't take any credit for the idea, it was certainly agreed that it was a bloody good one. "I guess he's not so bad after all, eh?"

"He's a pretty fun guy, is our cupid."

"Cupid, could you have thought of a worse nickname?" The footballer shook his head whilst laughing at the smaller girl.

"Undeniably, he was trying to bring us closer together. Just like cupid." She stated, in which was a very true fact.

"And I suppose it worked." Scott smiled to himself. "You know, after the tunnel. That's if it meant anything to you." He said, beginning to fill himself with doubt.

"I guess the tunnel will just have to be our place." The Scottish girl continued to grin like a Cheshire cat. "Of course it meant something, it meant a lot."

Before either of the two of them could say another word, they were interrupted by the train announcer now calling for the train back to Glasgow.

"I guess this is it." Scott repeated, with their remaining time together just being minutes. "We will see each other again, right?"

"Don't be stupid, of course we will!" Maisie gave him a reassuring smile before pausing to think what she was going to say next. "One last thing..."

"What?"

"This." The smile didn't leave her face as the pairs lips connect for a short but sweet kiss. "That one's for good luck."

✰  ✰  ✰

ahhhhhh! maybe my favourite chapter yet? these two have my entire heart <3

i'm also going through some writers block with this (surprise!) but really want to push to get this book finished. if you have any ideas on what you'd like to see then please just drop your suggestions & ofc i'll credit you!

what's your all time favourite film?

definitely either of the mamma mia movies, classics but i'll always love em <3

all my love, b x