𝐯. with a little help from my friends

As the tradition always followed, every Monday morning 'The Powerpuff Girls' always met up every morning for a coffee at their local coffee shop before University started. This was the first time Maisie had seen Ebony and Callie since the night off, where she had disappeared off early with Scott.

"You're looking worse for wear, Cal." Ebony pointed out as Callie joined the pair later than the usual time, although the girl was right, it did really look as if she had been dragged through a hedge backwards. "What the hell happened to you?"

"I slept in, hence being ten minutes late." Callie groaned, still looking half asleep. "Plus I can still feel that hangover from the weekend. Never again am I drinking that much and drunk singing karaoke with some random footballer."

"Until next time, our Callie never says no to a drink on a night out." Maisie said, knowing she was right, her best friend always said the same thing after each night out. "You were giving it laldy with that karaoke with Robbo all night."

"You remember their names? All of them look and sound the exact same to me." The girl with the everlasting hangover screwed her face up in confusion. "As long as I did nothing else stupid, I'm not bothered."

"Where did you pop off too after the karaoke with the blonde lad? You two seemed to be getting very friendly and the however many bottles of champagne you pair must have went through." Ebony asked, with the girl now trying to think of a way to get around the question.

"I don't remember much, we went our separate ways after we butchered 'Yes Sir, I Can Boogie.' Maisie kept her answer very vague. "Not really a night to remember."

"The way that the blondie was looking at you all night, that's something to remember!" Callie had perked up a little bit at the mention of the pair. "So, what really went on between you two?"

"I literally just told you pair, nothing special. I don't even remember the lads name!"

"Look at the smirk, I can tell Mais is lying." Ebony pointed with her finger, with the brunette's face now flushing read. "Now tell us what really went on!"

"Every single little detail." Callie joined in alongside of her.

"Well, if you must know, Scott spent the night and we slept together." Maisie said, keeping her voice down. "We were both too well drunk to remember a thing but there's no feelings or anything else attached to it."

"You go girl!" Callie cheered her on, with Maisie and Ebony shaking their heads in unison at her. "Well quite right, he was good looking."

"He was looking at you all night like that and didn't even make an attempt to get to know you or anything else like that? A total jerk if you ask me." Ebony said in disbelief. "I know Jamie treated you like shit towards the end but don't lower yourself to that level."

"There's more to it, I can tell." Callie added on, pointing her finger at the smile that wasn't wiping off of their best friend's face. "I haven't seen a smile like that on her face ever since she first told us about Jamie in third year."

"So, what you're trying to say that's her 'I like a boy face?'" Ebony questioned back in confusion. "I've never noticed that about her before."

"Well you see, you only ever see that smile when she talks about a boy, which is very rare." The brunette haired girl continued to explain, which only embarrassed the girl even more, now making her cheeks flush a shade of pink.

"You could at least give us some more details, not the nitty gritty stuff though."

"His name is Scott and he plays for Manchester United." The Glaswegian girl started to explain, not really seeing the whole hype around the situation. "We spoke for a bit before he had to go back because he had a meeting with the Scotland manager, so he left his number behind instead."

A one night stand with a top class footballer maybe something very few are proud of but Maisie Andrews was certainly not. The only plus side to this was that the papers hadn't found out about it, which could've had a negative and lasting impact on either party.

"He totally has the hots for you, no doubt about it." The blonde haired girl said with absolutely no hesitation. "I volunteer to be bridesmaid!"

"Why don't you just go for it, Mais?" Callie questioned, sounding slightly confused as everything seemed to be going well between Scott and Maisie. "If you don't get with him, then I'll make sure us two set you up with him."

"He lives in blimmin' Manchester for starters." Maisie stated, although it appeared neither of her best friends would actually take no for an answer. "Once the drink wears off, he'll realise that he will want sod all to do with me."

"She's not denying it, is she?" Ebony noticed, just complicating the situation even more. "This is proof of love at first sight, I'm certain."

"You really believe in that." She screwed her face up at even the thought of it. "A one night stand is far off of that fairy tale type thing, if that's what your getting at."

"Still haven't denied that you like Scott, have you?" A cheeky smirk was growing wider and wider on Callie's face. "It's dead obvious you two have some sort of thing waiting to happen between you, don't you?"

"Maybe, maybe not." Maisie half admitted, refusing to comment any further on it. Deep down, the girl really wasn't sure how she felt either, especially only after a few days.

Nobody falls that quickly, do they?

"Come on, we'll be late." Callie said, realising the time on the clock hanging on the wall of the coffee shop. "We can just embarrass Maisie on the way to Uni instead."

"Deal." Ebony laughed, as the three girls were now on their way.

✦✧✦

uhm, wattpad deleted half of my chapter once again? this was all prewritten too and i have the memory of a gold fish so i've rewritten this to the best of my ability.

what does everybody think of the road out of lockdown thing by bojo?

well i'm actually in scotland so i believe nicola sturgeon's announcement isn't until tomorrow, but it'll probably be somewhat similar to englands, perhaps a week or two behind.

i can't see social distancing being lifted in june, although it would be good.

all my love, b x