𝐢. the girl next door

Maisie Andrews, your stereotypical 'girl next door' type of persona, or something like that. That's how most people overlooked her anyway, although there was much more to her than what meets the eye.

More like your typical Scottish lass, minus your usual kilts, bagpipes and haggis sort of stereotype. At the end of the day, Maisie was just like any other girl.

For nearly all twenty three years of her life, Maisie had lived in the city of Glasgow, mostly with her parents and her elder brother, which she absolutely adored. She moved out into her little flat which was just a short while away from her childhood home and conveniently a short distance away from the University that Maisie was currently attending. No matter how much she adored her hometown, maybe one day she would fly the nest properly.

No matter how much she 'adored' her typical family and home life, if there was one thing she could change, it would be for her parents to stop comparing her to her older brother Ollie. Ollie had the seemingly perfect life, despite him only being a few years older than Maisie. The older brother moved out very young, married to his 'high school sweetheart' Nicole, had a well paying job and had already started a family. As immensely proud as she was of Ollie, Maisie just wished that her parents would stop expecting the same from her as they got with their elder and arguably more successful child. The usual 'haven't you got a boyfriend yet?' comments were a regular occurance for the young girl.

Maisie was currently studying an undergraduate course in Business Management, a subject she was very fond of in school and fortunately was good at. Despite not knowing what to do for the longest time, it all eventually worked out for the Glaswegian. At an advantage, both of her best friends were also studying at the same university, although they were all doing different courses.

From primary school, Maisie had retained the same friendship group who she had met on her first day of Primary One, not many could say they had a friendship last thing long. Maisie, Ebony and Callie made it from primary school, to secondary and now to university and probably for the rest of their lives. Eventually, the girl's had come to the conclusion and nicknamed their friendship group 'The Powerpuff Girls', after their favourite television program from when they were growing up.

Another major part of Maisie's life was her long term relationship with her now ex boyfriend Jamie, when at the time she was lead to believe he was the love of her life. After meeting in the early years of secondary school, Maisie and Jamie instantly clicked and the rest was history, at least for four years they were together anyway. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be for the pair and they went on their own separate paths. Maisie's main focus now was finishing up her last year in Uni and working towards getting her Business Management degree.

This weekend was a rare one for Maisie, with the student taking a break from her University work which she instead was spending a night around the city centre with her two best friends. The older she got, the less Maisie craved a night out, although every once in a while Maisie could just about stand it.

At that very moment, the buzzer to the student's flat went off. It would only have to be no other than the two remaining members of the Powerpuff Girls, although it was a little bit earlier that expected than the girls had initially arranged.

"Hello?" Maisie answered the buzzer, entirely not being sure if it would be Ebony and Callie yet. With both the girls best known for being late.

"Open up! It's only us!" Callie squealed, with Maisie now allowing them access into the building.

"Are you two feeling okay? You're like two hours early." Maisie chuckled, as she checked the time on her phone.

"Well hello to you too." Ebony said sarcastically before the trio exchanged hugs with each other. "We were both bored so thought we would pop round."

"Plus, it means we have twice as much time to get ready." The other girl added on, pointing to her bag which contained everything she'd need for the night.

"Callie, you could have all the time in the world to get ready and you would still be late." Maisie jokingly shook her head, as the girls laughed together.

"Mais actually does have a point there, you're always late." Ebony added onto the conversation.

"Hey! You two can be just as bad." Callie exclaimed to the other two.

"Because it's you who always holds us back."  They both carried on, which was entirely a true and known fact.

"Well the longer you two keep arguing back, the later we'll be on going out tonight." She made a fair point back.

"Then what are we waiting for then? Let's go!"  Ebony completely changed her tune, as she raced through to the empty, spare bedroom in Maisie's flat.

"I'm in charge of the speaker and music." Callie ordered as she was next to get into the room, with Maisie following just behind.

"Alright DJ Stewart." Maisie had the last word before the getting ready commenced, which was bound to result in a heap of dresses lying on the floor and makeup products left lying all over the desk.

✦✧✦

i won't lie, this chapter and the next are pretty boring but it'll all come together at around chapter three.

it's deadline day for the transfer window today and so far i've been sitting with sky sports news on the background all day, although there's not much news. has your team had any good business or any last minute deals you want to see today?

all of aberdeen's loan players have went back to their parent clubs, we've sent one player out to wigan, another signing a pre contract to rangers and yesterday we sold our best striker for two million which is a great bit of business when we purchased him for 30k. despite our other striker injured and the other fresh from the youth system, it doesn't look a very promising second half to the season for us.

all my love, b x