𝐱𝐯. the ballad of love and hate

After everything what happened with Scott eventually sinking in, it was made crystal clear to Maisie that she had made a big mistake in letting Scott get away

Unfortunately, Scott didn't return any of her missed calls and texts but she wouldn't let this stand in the way of things. She had one last idea, hopeful which would work, which was to
call 'cupid' (or in other words, Daniel James).

"Hello, kiddo! What ya calling for?" Daniel chimed down the other side of the phone. "Needing a surprise date night or something for Scott?" He began to ramble onwards as usual.

"No. The opposite of that actually." Maisie sighed, thinking that he would have already known about this. "He hasn't mentioned me at all? He hasn't told you what's happened?"

"The last thing I heard was about that little moment in the tunnel and that he was coming up to see you during International Break." The Welsh International explained, slightly confused to the whole situation. "What's happened? Is Scott okay and are you okay?"

"Can't answer for Scott but all I can really say is that I have indeed fucked everything up with him." The girl began to explain the whole commotion. "The one chance I had to tell him that I liked him back, I blew it."

"Well, what exactly happened?" He questioned, down the other end of the telephone. "Have you tried to contact Scott?"

"Haven't heard a thing, he wouldn't return my last call or text." She said, sighing once more. "We had a few drinks back at mine then he finally confessed his feelings, I thought it was the drink talking so I obviously pushed him away. I didn't want to take the chance whilst we were both vulnerable after a couple of drinks down our necks."

"So, what do you want to do? Win him back or just leave it as one big mess and hope you never see him again?" Daniel said, trying to offer his best advice possible.

"Win him back obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have called." Maisie replied with a hint of sarcasm among her voice. "Your his best mate, you should know what to do."

"He's a stubborn character, he wouldn't dare listen to anyone else but himself. He would have to see you for himself before anything else were to happen." The footballer explained, frustrating the situation even more.