𝐱𝐢𝐯. listen to your friends

After leaving Maisie's house, full of embarrassment, Scott had returned back to his hotel where he would be spending the rest of his international break

After leaving Maisie's house, full of embarrassment, Scott had returned back to his hotel where he would be spending the rest of his international break. Deep down he had hoped that at least one of his teammates would be in and would let him vent about the day's events.

For once in the day, luck was with the footballer. The teammate he trusted and wanted to chat to the most was in and free, the one and only Kieran Tierney.

"There's my favourite fake Scotsman!" Kieran cheered, stepping aside to let Scott into his hotel room. "You're back early, has the girlfriend had enough of you already?"

"Far from girlfriend, it all went horribly wrong." Scott grumbled, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. "I really thought that this time would be our time but clearly not."

"Well, what went wrong?" His teammate questioned, eager to hear everything about the situation. Even he was confident that things would work out between the pair.

"Everything." He shrugged his shoulder. "Cutting a long story short, we went back to hers and had a few drinks. I finally plucked up the courage to tell her and she thought I was drunk which ended up in her saying she didn't like me back..."

"After all of that trouble, she doesn't like you back?" The ex Celtic man screwed his face up at it. "Maisie has most definitely played you there, ain't she?"

"I guess so." Scott said, nodding his head in agreement. "All of this from me coming up here and her coming down to Manc to a kiss in the tunnel and then she pushes me away."

"Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt. She genuinely could've thought you were drunk and in a way she was right to not take advantage of you if you were vulnerable." Kieran went to explain. He was one of the very few people who always saw the positives and the brighter side in every situation.

"Maybe but then again somethings are left better unsaid." Scott replied, now sounding to not have a care in the world. "These things happen and I guess I've just got to get over it and Maisie."