𝐢𝐢. that lancaster lad

Scott McTominay, just your general Lancaster lad, sometimes known as 'The Lanky Lad' with his height of 6ft 4inches. At a young age, this lanky Lancaster lad knew he wanted to do no other than be a footballer.

From the age of five, the boy had been involved with Manchester United's youth academy, after religiously attending the club's development centre, close to the aspiring footballer's home. Having been successful, Scott played in midfield and signed his first professional contract with the club at just seventeen years of age.

From here on, he had multiple setbacks mainly due to injuries over the years, whilst still a member at the academy. With the club still having faith in Scott, his time came in mid 2017 when he made his breakthrough into Manchester United's first team. After some impressive performances, he now sees himself as a regular of his boyhood club's first team.

With such success, in 2018 Scott also saw himself called up to the Scottish National Team, with descent of his Scot born father. From then on, the footballer has received regular call ups to Scotland's National Team, currently making 19 appearances in all competitions. Scott's most recent success with the Scotland boys was qualifying for the Euros, something that the team had failed to do in a very long time. With that game resulting in a 1-1 draw and Scotland just winning 5-4 in penalties against Serbia, it was enough to see the Scots into the competition.

The lads had not long returned back to Glasgow after their celebrations away, with some of the players already returning back to their clubs for their other training commitments. Scott McTominay was one of the few lads to remain here, amongst a few more familiar faces who weren't needed to return until later that week or even the following week.

It was just at that very moment, Scott's phone had pinged a message from one of those lads. No other than the skipper himself, Andy Robertson, who appeared he wanted to continue those celebrations back home.

 No other than the skipper himself, Andy Robertson, who appeared he wanted to continue those celebrations back home

robbo🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

robbo🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
oi
your still here til the end of the week, right?

mcsauce🤩
sure am
why?

robbo🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
perfect
we're going out tonight
well whoever's left, if your up for it

mcsauce🤩
would be wrong not to
im in

robbo🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
that's the spirit!!
meet at reception at 6?

mcsauce🤩
perfect
see you then

Not even an hour later, Scott was then interrupted by a knock on his hotel room door. Looking at the time, it was still a little earlier than six, which was supposed to be the arranged meeting time for the boys. Opening the door, there stood Kieran Tierney dressed in his finest clothes, another body raring to go to carry out the remainder of the celebrations.

"Have you not learned to tell the time? Robbo said reception at six, not my room now." Scott laughed, giving the Scotsman a confused look before moving over to let him into his hotel room. "Besides I'm not even ready, no way am I going out in my training gear."

"Am I not allowed to come up and see my favourite English Scotland player?" Kieran chuckled, patting the slightly taller boy on the back.

"Half Scottish, I may remind you." Scott laughed, rolling his eyes. "But seriously, what are you doing here so early?"

"Could only last so long with the family before my gran kept going on about if I had a girlfriend yet. Twenty three years and she's still blimmin' waiting." The ex Celtic player shook his head even at the thought of it. "Thought I'd come and annoy you instead."

"I thought it were just my lot that keep banging on about the whole girlfriend thing." The other boy chimed. "It got worse ever since my sister got married and had my niece."

"Which is why I am going to be your wingman tonight!" Kieran said with a sudden burst of confidence filling in him. "You're not getting a lass in that sweaty training top of yours."

"You never know, some poor girl might." The Manchester United player cheekily smirked. "How do you expect to find me somebody when you're struggling yourself?"

"That's different, coaches don't always play." He said, before pointing to the pile of clothes lying beside Scott's suitcase. "Now come on, go find something nice and not sweaty to wear."

"We still have ages, idiot." Scott shook his head in refusal. "It doesn't take all that long to get ready when I just need to chuck a shirt on and brush this mop out." He said, flinging his blonde locks over to the side.

"Exactly, you'll stand there staring into the mirror just to make sure that there's not a hair out of place." Kieran jokingly shook his head. "So go and start getting ready now!"

"Alright dad." He moped, just like a hormonal teenager would, as he firstly went to go and choose something to wear for the night.

✦✧✦

happy monday!! how are we all?

this should have been up slightly earlier but wattpad hadn't decided to save the work that i had previously wrote so i've spent most of this morning to fix this and avoid my online lessons.

apologies if these chapters are a bit bland to start off with but next week the story properly kicks off, i promise!

all my love, b x