𝐱𝐢. all my friends

After to returning back to Glasgow after her weekend away in Manchester, it was back to business for the 'Powerpuff Girls', as they reunited in their local cafe for their usual morning coffee before their morning lectures.

"So, come on. Tell us everything about Manchester." Callie pleaded, as the trio sat at their usual table by the window. "Don't you dare say you already told us everything."

"I can already tell by that grin that she's not told us everything." Ebony added on, reading her best friend's facial expression just like a book. "That face always means something."

"I already told you two, Daniel and Ria picked me up and we surprised Scott. I got to go to the game the next day before it was time to come back." Maisie vaguely explained to the two who wouldn't get off her back. "It really doesn't get that much more exciting than that."

"But it does." Ebony protested, trying to get every single last detail out of her. 

"Come on, tell us what happened at the stadium of love." Callie began to wind the girl up. "And I don't mean the result before you try and outsmart the both of us."

"Well if it shuts you two up then we may have had a little moment between us in the tunnel at half time." The brunette said with a small smile appearing upon her lips. "The tunnel at Old Trafford, dead romantic."

"It's better than one of those stinkin' alleyways down the back of the road thought, ain't it?" Ebony jokingly reassured her, as she was just as happy for Maisie for something to finally come of the pair.

"Exactly, I could think of way much worse places to have a kiss in." Callie chuckled in unison with the other two girls. "But that's our girl right there."

"Stop it, it was only a kiss." Maisie brushed it off, not wanting to make too big of a deal of it. "I guess whatever happens, happens."

"So, what's the next step then?" The blonde haired girl questioned, curious of what the pair were going to do next. "You seriously just can't of had that happened and left the poor boy hanging and waiting for you to call."

"Who knows, I didn't really think of it." She shrugged her shoulders in reply.

"Well, I think that you should call Scott and invite him up here for a bit whenever he's free." Callie suggested, making it fair on either side of them. "He did it for you, it's only fair."

"You mean Daniel did."

"I don't know, he's a footballer so that's got to mean he's busy right?" Maisie stated, slightly frowning. "What if he says no and rejects me?"

"But he won't, footballers are aloud social lives too." Ebony chuckled, shaking her head at her best friend. "Now you better go and call him before we get a hold of him."

"What she said!" Callie jokingly threatened back to the brunette.

"You know what, maybe I will give him that call."

✰  ✰  ✰

"Aren't you going to tell me how it went with Maisie? Like every single detail." Daniel pleaded his teammate, like a teenager engrossed in the latest gossip.

"Nothing much to tell, you basically were there the whole time." Scott chuckled, although it wasn't completely a lie. "I guess you are good for some things."

"I can tell by that face and you never compliment me, something good happened." The Welsh International joked. "Come on, Scotty, spit it out."

"Well, we had a little moment in the tunnel just after you left." Scott grinned like a Cheshire cat, reminiscing the good times with Maisie.

"Knew it!" The brown haired boy called out, catching his teammate out immediately. "I'm taking all credit for this, I really am cupid."

"Give off, your ego is the size of your forehead." The other lad chuckled, with both of the boys now in fits of laugher.

Their laughing fits were caught short by the sound of Scott's phone ringing, only leaving them to wonder who was calling.

"Who's that? Gaffer calling to give you even more grief about no nightclubs this next international break?"

"Funny but no." The blonde haired boy shook his head, with his wide grin not leaving his face. "Talk of the devil, it's Maisie."

"Don't hang around then, answer it!" Daniel said with a ring of encouragement around it. "Like now!"

"Hey, Mais. You alright?" Scott said as he answered the phone, immediately hearing the girl's ramble. "You're going to have to slow down."

"You could at least put it on speaker." The Welshman chirped in, trying his hardest to eavesdrop in on the pairs conversation.

"You want me to come up to Glasgow at some point?" The footballer repeated her exact words out loud, which only excited his teammate. "I mean, well."

"Well, what? Don't leave her hanging! International break." Daniel kindly reminded him in the background.

"Well, you're in luck." Scott said, managing to find his feet once again. "It's international break this coming week so I will be up the road for a bit and I would love to come and see you."

"That's my boy."

Both Scott and Maisie had a short but chatty catch up over the phone for a couple of minutes before both of their attention were diverted back to their friends. With either party now both heavily invested in the conversation.

"Way to go, buddy." Daniel patted the taller boys back, acting as if he was a proud dad for a moment or two. "All without your wingman's help too."

"Had to get there on my own at some point and here we are." Scott smiled away to himself, looking forward for the week to come. "I guess the distance really is worth it all, especially for Maisie."

"Is this Scotty's way of saying he likes a girl?" Daniel continued to wind him up as always. "In all seriousness, you should try and tell her when you see her. Although, I do think it is painfully obvious."

"Who knows, maybe if I do get the right opportunity then I may try something."

✰  ✰  ✰

okay but scott really does deserve the world <3 this book also does have a huge soft spot in my heart :)

i only have two weeks left at school before im finally out for good, it's been a long six years! but hopefully this means that i might have a bit more time on my hands to try and do some prewriting before i go into full time work.

so it's near the end of the season now but i guess some places in the league can change?! what are your predictions for your teams?

aberdeen unfortunately lost 1-0 to hibs earlier this week meaning that we lost out on third place although im not actually too fussed. i saw it coming since our downfall earlier this season... lets just hope steven glass can turn it all around!

all my love, b x