𝐂𝐇 21 : 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 -

********

" What the — '

********

3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 :
***************

After Y/N finished being sarcastic she grabbed the broom , kicked the ground flying up in air the room was not as spacious as their Quidditch Ground but you can't get everything right ?

As soon as Y/N and Harry were in the air the keys with wings started attacking them and man ! they hit them hard.

" These keys " muttered Y/N frustrated when they weren't able to catch the one they were supposed to .

" That one Harry you catch it while I distract " said Y/N .

Harry managed to grab the key while Y/N distracted the other ones .

" Got it " yelled Harry then threw it towards Ron who was ready to catch it .

Ron quickly took hold of it struggling a bit due to its wings , it rammed into it into the lock and turned - it worked ! . The moment the door opened the key took flight again looking very battered now that it had been caught twice .

Y/N and Harry landed on the ground keeping the broomsticks near the door and entering the one which they just opened .

And it wasn't what they were expecting it to be ......

****************

The room was dark they couldn't see anything but as soon as they stepped in light suddenly flooded to reveal an astonishing sight .

They were standing at the edge of a huge chessboard !

" Do we need to play our way across the room ? " asked Y/N a black knight nodded hearing this .

Y/N sighed then turned to her friends.

" Yup we need to play " she said .

" No offense , but umm.. neither of you are that good at chess so — '

" None taken just tell what to do " said Y/N impatiently they didn't have time what if Snape had somehow taken the stone and given it to Voldemort !? .

Ron's face  had a sign of relief .

" Harry you take the place of the bishop , Y/N you take the queen and Hermione you go there instead of that castle " he instructed .

" What about you ? " asked Y/N looking at him .

" I'm going to be a knight " he said determined .

The chessman seemed to have been listening to him because at his words , a knight, a bishop , the Queen and the castle turned their backs walked off the the board leaving four empty spaces , which Harry , Y/N , Hermoine and Ron took .

" White always plays first doesn't
it ? " said Y/N which almost seemed like a guess .

" Yeah look " said Ron pointing to a white pawn which had moved forward two squares .

Ron started directing the chess pieces , the rest had faith in him and went wherever he told .

Y/N knees were trembling what if they lost ?? .

Everytime one of their men lost the white pieces showed no mercy they were smashed into small pieces. 

Ron was definitely good at chess no doubt .

But they were at such a point where it had Ron thinking deeply .

" Let me think ...' muttered Ron " Just a second ...'