Part 34

All I see is the blackness but I hear the sound of running water and doors banging. People getting on with their everyday lives, oblivious to the magic that had happened in this room last night. I turn in the bed, expecting my arms to wrap around Alannah but instead they fall onto a cold sheet. I open my eyes to see she's not lying beside me, "Morning sexy." I hear that wonderful Irish accent I didn't know I loved so much. I turn to see Alannah leaning against the wall of the bathroom. Her hair is wet, obviously she's just out of the shower. My shirt covers her body, only two buttons remain on the material after Alannah ripped it open last night.

"Hey, I thought you had left me." I admit, a sad expression washes across her face. She strides over to the bed, and kneels on the bed beside me, she cups my face in her hands.

"I'm not gonna lie, I won't be at your beck and call every day, but someday soon, I promise I will make sure that I will be with you. Once we manage to convict Alan we can have that life we want and what happened last night will become a regular occurrence."

I grab her waist and turn so that Alannah is under me."As long as you promise that you're not going to push him to kill you."

"I won't, whenever I think we have enough evidence to convict him then I'll call the police."

"Hmmm."

"What?" Alannah looks confused at my discontent.

"Do you have to call the police?"

"If we want to convict him then yeah."

"I was looking forward to punching him first."

Alannah giggles at my wish. "Dr. Reid, are you condoning violence?"

"Against Alan then most definitely." We both laugh, oh her laugh makes my stomach do somersaults, those pink lips, like roses. I knew how easy it was to get addicted to something, I always swore to myself to never allow myself to become addicted again. But her lips were a whole new kind of drug, a drug that had ten times the power of any narcotic. I can't help myself from stealing another fix. Her lips are so soft against mine, I would give my last breath if it would allow us to stay in this perfect moment.

***

His lips are perfect as they press gently against mine. I pull his body closer to mine, I needed more contact. Spencer's hands start to undo the buttons that were left on his shirt I let him push it down my arms. I smile as he starts to kiss at my neck, I didn't know how much I could enjoy the touch of someone's lips against the skin of my neck. I tip my head back, ready for round two but a knock at the door startles us. "Alannah, you in there?" Morgan's voice calls out.

"Shit, go to the bathroom, quick." I say in a panicked whisper. "I'll be there in a sec." I call out to Morgan. Spencer grabs his clothes as I grab a nightgown from the bathroom. I cover myself up and close the door on a smiling Spencer as he gets dressed in yesterday's clothes. I take a deep breath before opening the door to see Morgan standing there. "Hey." I try to hide my breathlessness from the rush to hide Spencer.

"Hey, have you heard from Reid this morning?" Morgan asks. My mind races as I try to think of what to say.

"Nope, why is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to him before we went to the station."

"Sorry I can't help."

"No prob..." Morgan's sentence trail off as he spots something. "Is that Reid's tie?" Morgan asks as he stares into my room.

I turn to see Spencer's tie on the floor at the foot of the bed. Crap, I thought he had lifted all his things. A noise from the bathroom makes Morgan's hand jump to his gun. "That toilet playing up again."

My attempt to disregard the noise doesn't work. Morgan pushes past me and pushes the bathroom door open to reveal Spencer trying to pull on one of his odd socks. He looks like a deer in the headlights when he spots Morgan. Spencer's eyes shoot to mine, none of us know what to do or say. I shut the door to the room before any more team members show up. "Look Morgan we can explain."

Morgan cuts me off when he starts laughing. "You alright Morgan?" Spencer asks.

"I didn't think you had it in you kid." Morgan smiles as he slaps Spencer on the back playfully.

"Thanks. I think." Spencer sounds confused as he looks at me. But I'm just as confused as he was.

"Oh come on, you two may be geniuses but the rest of us aren't stupid. We've all seen the looks between you both. I just didn't think you were ever gonna do anything about it." Morgan explains his happiness making Spencer and I smile.

"So you won't tell anyone." I ask, needing to make sure Alan wouldn't find out.

"Alan won't find out from me if that's what you're asking." Morgan reassures me.

"Thanks Derek." I says as I reach up and give him a hug.

"No problem. Now you two love birds better get ready. We're leaving for the station in half an hour." Morgan says before leaving my room.

I turn to Spencer, we can't hold back out laughter at being caught. "Oh God, that was a flashback to my teenage years." I laugh.

"Do I want to know?" Spencer jokes.

"Probably not. My teenage years weren't my best." I laugh. Spencer kisses me gently, pulling away slowly with a cheesy grin on his face before leaving my hotel room, leaving me to get ready.

***

I walk out of Alannah's room only to be met by Morgan waiting for me. "Morgan, what are you doing?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about what you're doing." Morgan explains.

"I'm walking to my room, what more do you need to know." I brush him off.

"You know what I mean kid."

"I know what I'm doing."

"You sound like Alannah."

"She has a new plan, one that might actually turn out good."

"Look, she's going to push Alan and I know you're a genius and all, but even you can't guarantee that this will all turn out sunny side up."

"I know." I sigh as I realise that I knew what Morgan was saying was true.

"Hotch and I have our own plan." Morgan's words catch me by surprise. Why didn't I know about this? "We're looking into Alan's past. A guy with this kind of anger won't be able to satisfy his issues with beating Alannah. We just need to know how he fills those needs when Alannah isn't around."

"Why didn't you tell me this?"

"We don't want Alannah knowing. Think of it like hostage negotiation."

"The negotiator can't know what's going on because they might give it away to the hostage taker." I sigh as I work out their plan.

"Exactly, I'll tell you more later on. But for now you need to get ready." Morgan leaves me as we reach my room. I walk into it, the bed still perfect since I didn't sleep in it.

But I can't help but think, why was I the last to know about everyone's plan to catch Alan. Was I that much of a liability. I woke up so happy in the bed of the woman I care most in the world about. Even if I was the last to know, she was the only thing that mattered. Alannah was the one that had to be saved at whatever cost necessary.