Part 7

We run down the empty corridor, there's a few minutes before classes end so we make the most of the space to move. Just as we turn the next corner we almost collide with Rossi and Morgan. "Woah guys, what's the rush?" Morgan laughs as Reid and myself catch our breaths.

"We think we know who the killer is and he's gonna be in my classroom in a few minutes." I admit between breaths.

"What do you mean he's going to be in your class?" The confusion obvious in Rossi' voice.

"He takes Alannah's class and it starts at half twelve." Reid fills the two agents in "Come on we have to get there."

"WAIT!" I shout with a sudden realisation, making everyone stop in their tracks.

"What is it?" Morgan asks, his brow crinkled in confusion.

"How are we gonna play this?" I wonder aloud, worried that if we make a wrong move Simon will hurt someone else.

"Alannah is right, we need to think about this, if we frighten him he might fight back, he killed a girl last night, he might still have his gun on him." Rossi words mirror my thoughts.

"How about you start class as normal Alannah, Reid and I will join you, say we wanna talk to the students about how to stay safe at this time. We can look for signs about how he reacts. Rossi you get Hotch and get back up here ASAP in case things go bad." Rossi and Reid nod in agreement to Morgan's plan but I'm not too sure.

"You sure you want me in there? I'm not an agent, what if I mess up?" I'm not sure if I'm asking the questions to the agents or to myself.

"You'll be fine, we'll be there with you." Reid's soft tone somehow clams me, something I need right now.

"Ok let's do this." My voice is filled with false hope that everything will go to plan.

"That's more like it, now let's go." Morgan starts to run, followed by Reid and myself. We reach my class, just in time to beat my students as doors begin to open, "You ok?" Morgan looks at me, the concern painted across his face.

"I'm fine" I lie as my shaky hands open the door. The three of us enter the room, Morgan and Reid start to plan but my mind is racing, thinking about all of the different ways this plan could go horribly wrong. What if Simon knows that we know what he has done? What if I mess up? Would Simon hurt himself or someone else? There are so many what ifs, so many ways something could go wrong. Oh God I feel sick, I clench my stomach and try to fight the urge to throw up.

"Can we come in Alannah?"

The voice startles me, "Err yeah sure come on in."

Morgan walks over to me, "You sure you're ok?"

"Of course, just didn't see my day going like this" I try to lighten the mood with a joke, although I don't think it worked,

"You sure?" I nod at Morgan who takes my word, "Ok then let's start."

I fake a smile as the last of the students take their seats. Simon is sat at the back in his normal seat beside the window. Just looking at him, knowing what he has done to those poor people. I take a deep breath and start, "Ok you lot, as you know Lucy has sadly been been found murdered this morning."

"Is it true you saw the body?"

"How was she killed?"

"Do the police know what happened?"

Questions start flooding in from the students, "Ok, ok that's enough thank you, have some respect please." I shout over the questions to try and gain control of the class back.

"The killer didn't have a lot of respect for Lucy when he killed her!" Comes the dismissive voice of Sean, he's a good kid, but he hasn't got a great work ethic and like to act the class clown. I don't think he ever left high school, at least is maturity hasn't. He is the typical high school jock who just went to university for the sake of it. His muscular build, plus his perfectly styled hair made him a hit with the girls of the class. He didn't know it but his acting out could get him killed, I had to put a stop to this.

"I said that's enough Sean. Now these are two agents from the FBI and they're here to talk to you all about how to stay safe until they catch the person doing this." I breathe a quiet sigh of relief knowing my part was over as I slowly slide myself into my chair, not wanting to slam into the chair and raise suspicion.

"Hi guys, I'm Supervisory Special Agent Derek Morgan and this is Doctor Spencer Reid.  We just want to talk to you to let you know how you can all keep yourselves, and each other safe."

"The best way you can do that is to make sure there is always a group of people, never go anywhere on your own if you can avoid it." Reid and Morgan carry on trying to waste time until back up shows, but the students are getting rowdy, some are giggling while others are clearly on their phones, no one is paying attention. No one that is, apart from Simon, the only thing is he isn't paying attention to Reid and Morgan but something outside, he grabs hold of his bag that is sat on the table in front of him. He's starting to panic, I look to Reid who has spotted Simon's reactions as well.

I stand up and slam my hands on the table in order to take control back of the room, it startles everyone, including Reid and Morgan. "Ok everyone, these agents have come here to talk to all of you and not a single one of you is listening."

"Oh, and would any of this have help Lucy or the others? Look around Alannah there's four people missing from this class, all killed by some psychopath and those lot aren't helping, if they were then four of our classmates wouldn't be missing would they?" Sean shouts out before throwing his books off the table and slouching back into his seat. I glance to Simon, who I can tell is getting more agitated.

"Sean you need to calm down." I try to sound in control, as if I knew what I was doing, but deep down I was scared, Simon didn't like people challenging me, he could snap and kill Sean and God knows who else.

"Why should I? Maybe if some of them had been taught to fight back they would still be here!" Sean shouts back.

"Hey what's happening outside?" A girl sat two rows in front of Simon asks which causes the rest of the class to crowd around the windows, Simon grows more and more agitated having this many people around him. I look past a few students to see five police cars and a black SUV with government plates.

Morgan and Reid gather next to me, "We need to calm this situation down." Morgan points out the obvious.

"Simon is getting very distressed." Reid notices as Simon breaks free from the swarm of people gathered around the window and rests against the back wall, fidgeting with his hands.

"How do we do that?" I ask as I keep my eyes fixed on Simon.

"You two try to get everyone back to their seats, I'll try to calm Simon down." Morgan instructs as he starts to make his way to the back of the class, towards Simon. Reid and I start to get the students to sit down in the seats again. I keep looking back to Morgan who is trying to talk to Simon but it's just stressing him more.

"I'm gonna help Morgan, something isn't right." I whisper to Reid. I walk towards Morgan and Simon, I can hear Simon muttering things to himself.

"You need to learn some respect, you need to learn some respect." It's like Simon is in a loop, he keeps repeating the same words.

"Is everything alright Simon?" I ask softly. As soon as he hears my voice his head turns to look at me, his eyes wide and unblinking.

"Alannah, pretty Alannah, sweet Alannah. They're all so mean to you, they need to learn some respect." He runs to his bag, knocking me off my feet, causing me to fall to the floor. Morgan goes after Simon, but by the time I get to my feet again, Simon has a gun and is pointing it at the classroom full of students, "You all need to learn some respect!" Simon shouts, catching the attention of everyone. Causing them all to run into the corner of the room as girls hug each other in tears, boys trying to make sense of what's happening. Morgan and Reid both have their guns in their hands, pointing to Simon, ready to use them if needed.