Part 47

We pull up at the house, it's quite fancy, it's modern, looks to be three floors probably several bedrooms that they don't need. She must be a good lawyer to afford a place like this. "She's doing alright for herself." I Joke as I get out of the car. I leave my bag in the car, with the plan of saying I need to go out and get it in a bit so I can look at the test.

"Yeah not bad for a lawyer of her position."

"What kind of cases does she take?"

"Not the sort that raises this kind of money, or to get her daughter kidnaped."

"So she must be hiding something."

"You would think she would tell us everything since we could be the only ones that could help her child." Spencer sounds kind of angry, he would make a great dad.

"Some people care more about protecting themselves than protecting others."

We enter the house to see JJ comforting Michelle while Hotch and Rossi talk. "Where's Kate and Morgan?" Spencer asks as we walk over to Hotch and Rossi.

"They're upstairs in Josephine's bedroom to see if they can find anything." Hotch answers.

"Any news from the crime scene?" I ask, trying to find out more information.

"Not yet, it seems just like Aiden's kidnapping." Hotch says just as his phone rings, "Excuse me." Hotch walks away to take the call.

"They're obviously connected but how." Rossi thinks aloud.

"No connection between Michelle and John yet?" Spencer asks.

"Garcia is looking into it." Rossi looks over to Hotch. "I think that's her now."

"Something needs to turn up soon or little Josephine won't stand a chance." I point out the obvious as Hotch walks back over to us.

"That was Garcia, we could have a possible suspect." Hotch says, catching our attention. "JJ." Hotch orders, JJ gives Michelle a reassuring smile and a gentle hand on her shoulder before walking towards us in time as Morgan and Kate joins us.

"What's up?" Morgan asks.

"I just got a call from Garcia, turns out John Lance and Michelle McAdams were both wiring money to a Philip Scott." Hotch relays the information to us.

"How long has this been going on for?" Kate inquires.

"For nine years now. They would wire a total of $30,000 a year in smaller sums throughout the year. Garcia looked for his address but his last known one is now part of a shopping mall." Hotch continues.

"They must have been hiding something together then." Rossi integrates.

"We need to interview everyone again, we're taking the McAdam's in for questioning. The Lance's are still at the station I want us all to meet back at the station to interview the families." Hotch gives his orders, "But first, Alannah will you try and talk to Michelle here, see if she will tell you anything before we take her in. I'll wait here with you, if she doesn't talk we will take her in. Morgan and Reid, I want you to talk to John Lance, JJ talk to his wife and Rossi talk to Michelle's husband, he's at the station. We need to work fast or Josephine will be dead before we get there."

Before I have a chance to object or ask to get my bag, the team have kicked into action. I guess I'll have to wait even longer to find out. "What do you want me to try and find out?" I put the test to the back of my mind to try and focus on the case at hand.

"Be gentle with her, don't ask her outright if she's hiding anything but try and find inconsistencies in her story." Hotch informs me of my task. I have never interviewed or comforted a family member before, this was a new experience and I was more than a little nervous.