Part 41

It's been two weeks since my amazing time off with Spencer. We spent our time just being together, like a proper couple. Having to come back to reality was awful, it's strange how just a few days together alone made us closer than ever. It was amazing not having to worry about getting home to face Alan. Even after our time off work, when we got back we had a strange case that kept us away for almost a week which meant I got to spend even more time with Spencer at the hotel each night and more time away from Alan. It's making me think more about just leaving Alan but I know it won't work out for the best; but spending that time alone with Spencer has just made me want to be with him more than ever.

Could I just leave Alan? Move in with Spencer? It would make Alan mad enough to come after us, we could be waiting for him and defend ourselves however we need to. But what if Spencer got hurt, or worse. What if Alan hit us when we were least expecting it and then killed us both. Is the risk worth it?

Since Alan has been back we haven't spent much time together I think Penny has had something to do with our working hours not overlapping. Either he's working or I am, not that I'm complaining; for once I'm not covered in bruises because I haven't been with Alan long enough for him to get mad at me.

I'm sat at my desk finishing off some paperwork when JJ walks over to me, "Hey, how have you been?" She asks sweetly.

"I'm alright," I lie, for the past few days my stomach has felt like a washing machine, it feels as if it's spinning out of control and I've been sick. But I've tried my best to hide it from the team, I don't want them thinking I'm not well. Then I would have to go home and be with Alan. "How's you?"

"Good thanks. Henry has a cold so been up all night with him."

"God love him, send him my love."

"I will." JJ says with a smile.

"So any word on what the new case is?"

"I think it's a bad one going by Garcia's reaction."

"When is it ever good?"

"That's a fair statement. She normally goes like this when there's kids involved."

I look towards Hotch's office where Garcia is talking to Hotch and Rossi. "Cases with kids do make it harder."

"It must hit home for you after everything you've been through."

"Yeah it does," I wonder how much she knew about what happened me I know Hotch and Spencer knew my full story, well what they thought was the full story, but who else on the team knew? "It must be hard on you too, imagining that happening to Henry."

"Yeah, but it makes me work harder to catch the bad guys."

"Hey is this a girls only chat or can anyone join in." Morgan's voice comes from behind us, I turn and get a whiff of coffee, without warning my stomach turns. I clutch my mouth as I run to the bathroom, fighting back the urge to throw up while I run. Ignoring the sounds of my team members calling after me.

I reach the bathroom just in time as I throw up into one of the toilets, sending two women who were standing at the mirrors out of the bathroom looking disgusted. "Alannah?" I hear JJ's voice come from the doorway as I push myself up off the ground and wipe my mouth with some toilet roll before flushing it down the toilet. "You alright?"

JJ looks at me as I walk over to the sinks. "I'm fine, I think I ate something off last night." I lie, knowing I've been sick longer than a few hours.

"You sure that's all it is?"

"Yeah, positive."

"If you're sure you're alright then the team is ready for the briefing."

JJ leaves the bathroom, leaving me to gather myself before I make my way to the round table room.

I enter the room to see the team sat around the table. "You alright Alannah?" Morgan asks, the smell of coffee from the several cups making my stomach feel as if it was about to explode.

"I'm fine, just had some dodgy food last night." I continue my lie as I sit down next to Spencer, the fight to keep the sick feeling down getting harder.

"Will you be ok to work?" Hotch asks,

"Yeah I should be ok, I'll let you know if I'm not."

"Ok, but I'll keep you at the station just to be on the safe side." Hotch plans.

"Righty oh my gorgeous crime fighters I wish I could bring you pictures of cute little kittens; however that is not our line of work. You are all off to New York where some sick human being has kidnaped the son of a city councillor. It is our job to make sure the poor little soul comes home unharmed." Garcia somehow makes a kidnapping sound funny with her tone and choice of words.

"John Lance's son, 6 year old Aiden, was last seen when his parents left him to school this morning. But he never came back to class after break." Hotch goes over the finer details.

"Has any ransom demands been made?" Rossi asks as he looks at the boy's picture on his iPad.

"No ransom demands but a letter was found at the boy's home." Hotch signals to Garcia who clicks a button on her remote to make a picture of the letter appear on the screen.

"I told you I would get you back for what you did to us. Now your boy will pay for your sins"

"Your sins, the unsub could be religious" Morgan offers up a possibly.

"Does the councillor have any bad history, any enemies?" Kate asks.

"He's a city councillor so probably, my binary search is still sorting through the possibilities, nothing so far though." Garcia's answer gives no leads.

"The us statement is interesting, it could be a group or the unsub could be representing a group of people." Spencer thinks aloud as he rocks back and forth on his chair.

"He was taken from school, I take it you're running background checks into the staff at the school." I ask.

"Well as you all know, you need to have a background check done on you before you can work in a school but my magic machines are digging deeper into the lives of everyone connected with the school." Garcia informs us.

"We need to go quick on this one, every hour that passes lessens Aiden's chances of survival. The plane leaves for New York in 20 minutes." Hotch orders.

We all get up and rush to our desks, working quickly so that we don't waste any time. As we rush for the elevator someone grabs my arm, I look back to see Spencer holding my wrist. "What happened to you earlier?" Spencer asks, a look of worry painted across his face.

"I told you, I ate something dodgy."

"You know you blush when you lie."

"No I don't." My hands reach for my checks I try to hide my newfound tell from him.

"You do, have you seen a doctor?"

"You're a doctor and I'm talking to you about it."

"That doesn't count."

"I'll see how I am when I get back from this case before I go making doctor appointments."

"Fine, but if you get any worse then I'm dragging you to a doctor's whether you like it or not."

"Ok bossy boots." I give Spencer a slight smile making him chuckle a little as we get in the lift. I knew it wasn't food poisoning, my mind runs over possibilities, none of which stand out as to what it could be. Maybe I should make a doctor's appointment for when I get back, just to be on the safe side. Knowing my luck Alan could have caused some sort of internal damage from the abuse he gives me and that's what is causing it. However there's a much more likely possibility that I don't really want to think about because if it was that possibility then it would make my life a lot more difficult and complicated than it was already.