You, Me and a Bed Makes Three (27)

- Strange talks -

I was sitting on the sofa at Shaun's house waiting for him to come home. Scrappy was curled up against my body, snoring and twitching as he dreamt. The house was quiet, something that rarely happened, or that I was rarely a witness to.

It seemed to me that the house had a never ending parade of people coming and going. Each making noise, be it with music, games or general chatter.

But it was nice to sit in the quiet. Warm and sheltered from the blistering cold winds that howled in the streets. However, the quiet gave me time to think, and lately all I had to think about were the recent events of the weekend. It was all I had been able to think about, that little conversation with Mark that is.

When we reached Greg's house I couldn't help but think about what Mark's friends had also said, little hints that Drake was thinking about me. That I had affected him in some way. But surely I was just over thinking things. Making it into a bigger thing then it was.

Greg got in a strop with me because I was so distant. He had expected me to be more excited about his surprise. He'd been making some sort of spice rack slash utensil holder for his mum. Being quite good with wood work, he wanted my help and opinion on parts of it. My lack of enthusiasm and will to help made him flip out at me. Going all teenage girl hissy fit on me, arms flailing about and all.

He was such a child at times. He scowled at me, from across the table, all through dinner, not that I really noticed mind you. The only reason I was aware of it was because Jane kept telling him off for doing so.

I did however fix his little problem for him when he was asleep, as a means of saying sorry. One of his joints wasn't working so in hope of distracting myself I redid it for him and made up some samples for colours.

The little text saying 'Thanks =)' on Monday night reassured me that he was no longer mad at me. Not that I was really worried that he would be upset with me for long. He wasn't one to hold grudges, much like myself. It's probably why we got along so well.

Back to the point. I was sat in Shaun's living room, my hand running through Scrappy's fur mindlessly, with nothing to distract me. Drake was all I could think about. I had spent less then twenty four hours with the guy, yet I couldn't seem to forget him. Thinking about it now over the past few weeks, he has become the real reason why I haven't been on my game.

And here I was blaming Shaun for putting a lock down on the boys. Granted he probably has done that but it still doesn't change the fact that I haven't been able to find a guy when I've been out recently. Every guy that tried to chat me up was just missing something. Something I couldn't quiet put my finger on.

My hand gripped my phone tightly as I scrolled down the names in my contacts list. When I finally read out his name I laughed. 'Drake the infamous sex god.' I guess he really did make an impression on me.

My thumb lingered over the call button. Should I call him? Or should I just text him? What if he answers and it's awkward because he doesn't want to speak to me? If I text him then at least the balls then in his court. So what if he doesn't text back. Its not like I care anyway..... right?

The sound of the door slamming shut made me jump. Shaking my head a little I closed my phone and plastered a smile on my face for Shaun to see when he found me.

“Dude, I totally killed you on Halo last night!” Shaun's exclaimed as he walked through the hall.

I waited to hear another set of footfalls but it was apparent that Shaun was alone for once. No groupies or members from his entourage. I smiled thinking that just maybe he really did want to see me and hang out like we used to. Just as friends of course.