THE BAD GUY

Helloooooo I finally decided to update!!!

I was kinda putting this chapter off bc its very......emotional. I suck at emotional writing so....this will probably suck very much!

BatDweeb: That's not true. Think positive about your writing!

Me: Okay!

I AM POSITIVE THIS CHAPTER WILL SUCK!!!!

BatDweeb: Ehhhhhh you're probably right ;)

ANYWAYS....

ENJOY

Scarlett PoV

I took a deep breath as I watched Ben's sleeping figure. He is going to wake up soon and definitely will tell everyone about what happened if Jane hasn't already.

There's no point hiding it now. Everyone will still look at me as the Scarlet of the Isle. The one who would feed you to shark if you so much as breathed wrong in my direction. The Scarlett who had no trouble scaring someone literally and figuratively if they bad-mouthed about her crew. The Scarlett who was a cold-hearted monster.

Everyone will always look at me like Belle and Beast did eight years ago. Like I'm the bad guy.

"You think you do the right thing, but incidentally," I started singing as I grabbed Ben's hand. "You find the whole world would prefer it differently".

I started thinking about how beautiful the day was before I was banished to the Isle. And how I changed so much. "You go from being fair to falling flat. You see what's there, you find you're at the wrong end of the stick".

I stood up from the bed and walked over to the nearby window, staring at a couple of cranes that flew over the castle. "And you're starting to feel sick when the story drops you hard into the pavement. Even though you thought you knew what 'to behave' meant".

"But you find out you were thinking wrong as you wind up back where you belong," I huffed out.

"And you try to get it right," Ben started to move in his sleep which made me glance at my adoptive brother.

I thought about how Mal treated me while I was trying to lay Ben down. She hated that I got him back and didn't want to care for him. "But instead, it just comes back to bite you. I never wanted to be the bad guy, the bad guy, the bad guy. I never wanted to be the bad guy. But that's just how the story goes".

"It's a trip, discovering you're not a hero," In any aurodonian's eyes I would never be a hero. Not even for saving Ben and helping in this quest. "You think you are Augustus. They think you're Nero".

I sat back down next to Ben but continued to stare out the window, " And you go and help save their king. But they say it's for your selfish self. But there's something they don't know. Yet it's you, and your kind alone, to blame".

I growled in frustration, "I never wanted to be the bad guy, the bad guy, the bad guy. I never wanted to be the bad guy".

"But that's just how the story goes. And it goes and goes and goes," I started to sing higher.

"Just like balloons out of your hand. The world moves on while you sink in the sand," I went higher again.

I stood up, "And you start to understand. That it can't be erased if it's traced out in pen. Though you're scrubbing again and again and again".

"I never wanted to be the bad guy. But that's just how the story-. I never wanted to be the bad guy, the bad guy, the bad guy. Never wanted to be the bad guy!".

"But that's just how the story goes"

I slumped back in my chair and faced Ben. He had some of his blond hair in his face so I moved it to rest behind his ear,"I never wanted to be the bad guy~".

Mal PoV

"I never wanted to be the bad guy~"

We heard Scarlett finish her song while we eavesdropped from the staircase.

She's really here Ben? She really cares for him that much to even go through all of our comments?

I've been treating her horrible because I thought she was some stupid crush Ben had. I was so jealous and caught up in how we are now, in the future. I didn't even think of how hard that must have been for Scarlett.

Wait...

How did she end up on the Isle then?

I turned to Jane who was admiring the necklace Carlos gave her, "Jane, how did Scarlett end up on the Isle?"

Jane's smile immediately dropped from her face as she looked at the ground. "Well, no one really knows what actually happened. What everyone believes is that Ben's family was threatened by a group of rouge lion's that Scarlett should be released to them before a certain time. Belle and Adam ignored the threat and set up tighter security around Scarlett," she mumbled.

Jay deadpanned, "That doesn't answer how she got there though".

Jane sighed, "It was a week before Scarlett's 10th birthday. She. Belle and Beast were walking through one of the palace courtyards when they were all ambushed with sleeping gas. When the royal couple woke up, Scarlett disappeared. They searched everywhere but no one was able to find any trace of her. Ben got so worried he said he would search until he had to look on another island to find her. He never got to look for her because Adam had put out a public statement that they announced that Scarlett was dead. So that's what we all believed".

Evie gasped in shock while I just stood there looking at the ground.

Scarlett was taken from her home and taken to the Isle?

Why?

I walked over to Ben's door but before I could knock on it, Scarlett opened it.

"Next time, if you ever eavesdrop, make sure you don't talk so loud. Also, that's not what happened at all."

That's all I heard before Scarlett ran out of the doorway and out the front door of the castle.

Well there's your chapter!!!

We have some development for both Mal and Scarlett!!!

I hope you guys may now rest knowing that Mal won't be a jealous little bitch anymore!

For now at least... >:)

BatDweeb: WAIT WHAT!??!?! TELL US NO-

BYEEEEEEEEEEE