BATTLE OF THE BEASTS

Hellloooooo I am here with the next update finally!!!!! I am still contemplating if I should start my ZOMBIES book early or wait until I finish this one.......help and advice please?

ANYWAYS here's the next chapter! I hope you guys get the play on words I did with the title and how Scarlett's character develops in this chapter; especially since Ben is now in the picture!

ENJOY

Scarlett's PoV - In the woods

So...Audrey turned Ragdoll into a LITERAL beast because he fell in love with Malie? Well.... I would definitely do something worse to my ex's but this is Ben we're talking about. He's a golden child who, so far as everyone has talked about him, has never committed a single bad thing in his life. A beast? That's pushing it too far for my taste.......also, Audrey is dead the next time I see her; Maleficent's scepter or not.

"Harry, Gil? Remind me to kill Audrey when I see her next," I command as we cautiously observe Ben.

They nod in agreement while Jay shoves Carlos towards Ben saying something along the lines of, "You're good with animals. Do something"

'Wimp,' I thought as Carlos gently walks up to Ben but falls backwards when he swipes at his chest.

Gil, who was hiding behind Harry like the supposed Gaston he was, decided to spill my biggest and most precious secret to my enemies, "Uh Scarlett? You were his brother once right? Can't you calm him down with those lullabies you said you used to sing to him? I think he'll recognize you for sure".

If it wasn't for the fact that Ben was a LITERAL BEAST, I think I would have hit Gil where the sun doesn't shine. Instead, I decided to take Gil's advice for the first time and do something I haven't done in over 6 years....

Jay PoV

Oh. My, Hades......

Scarlett and Ben were siblings!?!?!?! They lived together? Like under the same castle? Wait....that means that Scarlett is technically princess of Auradon....then, how did she end up on the Isle then? Did someone kidnap her? Why hasn't Ben EVER said or mentioned her like.... AT ALL!??!?!?

I watched in horror yet amazement as Scarlett walked cautiously towards Ben holding her hand out gently. "Hey Ragdoll, it's okay. Its just Scarlett; you remember Calico don't you? You're gonna be fine, I promise; just let me see your hand," she said, noticing that Ben had an injury in the palm of his left hand.

Ben hesitated for a second before showing his injured hand to Scarlett who was now standing calming next to him, Gil had to ruin the moment with his awe, "Woah that's the biggest splinter I've ever seen. And I've had some terrible splinters". Being, I think offended, Ben growled and shoved his hand back before Scarlett could fix it. Harry and Carlos glared at Gil which got him to finally sit down and shut up.

Ben growled a pleading whine that sounded like he was scared and confused. Scarlett took a deep breath and opened her mouth to say something but once side glance at us made her stop. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes at the lion's actions. "Scarlett, whatever you need to do to Ben to get him back, do it. No one here will use it against you, trust us," I said "Take down the walls just for a minute and help Ben, please".

I gave up when Scarlett just stared at the forest ground. I turned by back with Carlos, Gil and Harry as well to walk back to Evie's place but stopped in my tracks when I heard Scarlett sing.

"Every night I lay in bed. The brightest colours fill my head. I think of what the world could be; the image of you next to me. A million dreams is all it's gonna take." she softly sang as if the song was a lullaby.