[11] ask

The week went fast when both (y/n) and Killua swiped the tags they needed

Just as they were walking to where the successful examinees would meet up, Khara's voice rang throughout the whole island, making sure that everybody heard what she said.

"Will the applicants please return to the starting point at once, you will be given an hour of extra time,"

As if on cue, applicants came out from behind the bushes.

The first one that (y/n) saw was Pokkle, (y/n) had to refrain from crying then and there when she saw him alive...she easily gets attached to characters, okay?

Next was Hisoka and as the two saw him, Killua was the one who was most worried.

"Don't worry, Gon's going to pass," (y/n) reassured the boy, giving him a head pat in the process and (y/n) was surprised that he didn't shrug her hand off.

"How would you know that?" Killua asked as he continued to walk to the starting point.

"I just do,"

Finally arriving, the bridge to the boat went down allowing Khara to pass through, a clipboard on her arm.

"Alright then, we will now check the tags of everyone here," Khara said, still bubbly as usual.

(y/n) rummaged through her bag as she looked for her and Killua's tags. Handing it over to him, Khara called out his name with the boy showing the tags he got.

"#111, (y/n)-san," the girl then showed the number tags she acquired.

(y/n) wearily checked the island, wondering when the other three were going to appear. They had to appear, after all, they were the protagonists, right?

"So seven applicants have passed?" Khara asked, writing down on her clipboard. But then, (y/n) sighed out in relief when she saw the three boys coming out of the forest, Kurapika looked fine while the other two, not so much.

"Oh," Khara said as she eyed the coming applicants.

'Thank god' (y/n) thought to herself

"Gon," Killua perked up when he saw his friend coming up.

"Killua," Gon replied, giving the white-haired boy a thumbs up before his eyes drifted to where Hisoka stood.

"For the last three, #404 Kurapika-san, #403 Leorio-san, and #405 Gon-san," Gon showed the badge he got, Hisoka's badge to be more precise.

"These 10 have passed the fourth phase of the exam!"

"Seven of the ten are rookies? Hmm, Ayako was right." Netero laughed after hearing the results of the fourth phase.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I have an announcement for the ten remaining applicants," Bean said through the intercom, earning the examinees attention.

"The chairman wishes to interview the remaining candidates, when your number is called please come to the first reception room on the second floor," the chairman's assistant ended his announcement not before he called Hisoka's number.

When the magician's name was mentioned, it was obvious to anyone near Gon that something happened during the fourth phase, it was Kurapika who first noticed it.

Just then, the serious aura that wrapped Gon vanished as soon as Killua ran to him, a very familiar phone in his hand.

"Gon, let's play!"

"Sure!" Gon replied following Killua to where he assumed their sleeping quarters were.

Leorio and Kurapika looked at each other with a knowing look as they gave a nod at each other. The two teens followed the boys, walking just behind them.

What they saw when they entered the room was...

(y/n) was casually rolling on the floor groaning in fake agony.

"Bored bored bored bored," (y/n) repeated.

The four who entered looked at her with surprise. They knew the girl as someone who was composed, caring, and kind of scary when with Tonpa, but other than that they didn't really know about her personality.

And that's why they were surprised when they found her rolling around.

The girl stopped her action as she saw that she wasn't the only one in the room, she didn't even look bothered that they caught her doing something out of character.

"Hey," the girl said, standing up from where she laid on the floor and to an empty space near her bag.

"(y/n)! Did you hear the announcement?" Gon said, entering the room first the others following him.

"Yeah, why do you think the chairman wants to interview us?" (y/n) asked, yawning since she didn't actually have that much sleep when she was on the island.

"I don't really know, I just hope that it has nothing to do with math!"

"Come on Gon! I thought we were going to play," Killua said, a not-so visible pout could be seen on his face if you squint.

"Of course we're going to play!"

"Would #99 please proceed to the reception room," Beans called out, making (y/n) snicker at the white-haired boy who didn't get to play with his friend.

━━━

"(y/n)-san, please take a seat," Netero said as he pointed at the pillow that was just across him.

(y/n) looked at the room that she entered. She really didn't remember what the room looked like in the show, but it was all coming back to her when she finally sat on the pillow.

"A pleasure to meet you again, Netero-san," the girl greeted, Netero in return smiled at her for being rather polite.

"Let's get straight to the interview shall we?" Netero asked as he flipped a page on his notepad before he dipped his brush on some ink.

The girl tried her best to make herself look calm on the outside despite her mind repeating her answer on loop, not wanting to mess up.

"Why do you want to become a hunter?" When (y/n) heard Netero's question, her mind rejoiced since she prepared for the question she was just asked knowing that Hisoka was the only one to get the question.

"I want to follow my sister's footsteps."

Netero nodded at her answer as he wrote down whatever he did on his notepad, casually dipping his pen back for more ink.

"Alright then. Next question, out of all the other applicants, who are you willing to fight?"

"Hmm, #53 maybe. He seems to look weak yet I feel like he's just as strong as the others." (y/n) answered, hoping that whatever celestial being was in the hunter world would listen to her pleads.

Again, the chairman nodded at her question as he wrote down something.

"Last question before you leave, who do you want to fight the least?"

"#99, #403, #404, and #405 since they're my friends, and uh... #44 and #301 just cause,"

Once Netero finished up what he was writing, he told the girl that it was fine for her to leave.