[01] exam

𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗇𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 !
𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 | 𝖻𝗌𝖽

"Welcome to the agency, I hope that you'll be visiting us when you have the time

"Welcome to the agency, I hope that you'll be visiting us when you have the time."

(y/n) knew that she would most certainly return to Yokohama, I mean who wouldn't? There was basically a group of people that helped her waiting for her to come back, she also had some people from her home dimension, but that was a talk for another time.

'Come on (y/n)! Think positive, there isn't anything you'll gain if you become a pessimist' the (h/c)-haired teen thought to herself as she rode the elevator which would take her to the exam site.

Ah yes, the hunter exam. The letter her sister gave her, or rather Ayako, had underlines on the two words, plus the whole hoping for you to join the exam thing was a dead give away with what her sister wanted her to do.

And so, there she was. Her sister stated in the letter that the timeline was kinda messy, but she already knew who she would be taking the exam with since she entered the same exact restaurant the main four entered though she did have her doubts about whom she would be with during the exam.

"Here's your number, be sure to pin it to your clothes!" the green bean, that (y/n) had to admit with shame didn't know the name of, gave her the number 111

Taking it she pinned it to her long sleeve button up.

The only clothes she had with her were the long sleeves button-ups that the agency gave her, and though she was going to go through a repeated

The only reason (y/n) watched hunter x hunter was because her sister watched it as well, and being the curious girl she was, she joined her sister. According to s/n there were two versions, (y/n) was aware of it, but she chose to watch the 2011 version of it.

She had to admit that it was a damned good show.

Oh who was she even trying to fool? She basically had Chrollo as her lock screen the first day she was teleported to Yokohama... though that was just complete coincidence.

'If I'm #111 then does that mean that Killua and the magician are already here?' looking around, she saw who she was looking for. The weirdo magician and the assassin kid, both who were loved by the whole fandom.

Finding a place to sit on, since she didn't want to waste her energy knowing what the first part of the exam will bring, she took out her jacket and sat on it not wanting to dirty her skirt.

Well, now she had to wait for the other three. But as she thought about it, she thought about whether her sister took the exam at the same time as some characters? Like Shalnark or maybe, the oh-so-great father, Ging.

Looks like (y/n) had questions to ask of her sister.

Finally settling on her laid out jacket, she took out her phone, which at that moment, rang with the agency's number plastered on it.

Swiping right to answer the call, a soft voice reached her ear.

"Hello, (y/n)-san?" Kyoka called out.

"Kyoka!"

"You'll be back, right?" the girl asked, at that point (y/n) felt her heart swell as the younger girl was probably missing her presence. Keyword being probably.

"Yes-" the (h/c)-haired girl was cut off by Kyoka, "Good, then that means you'll be joining us for our punishment, goodbye."

The teen girl could only sigh at Kyoka's attitude, but then again she probably wouldn't be the best to talk to over the phone.

With that being said, she started to browse through her old phone as her third phone sat snug inside her backpack.

Unlocking her phone that still had a somewhat reasonable battery percentage, she stared at her homescreen that she was glad she changed the wallpaper of.

Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious. The song ran through her mind as she deleted every, and I mean every, photo that could be linked to the show whose dimension she was currently at.

When she was finally done, she continued scrolling through her phone, occasionally playing games here and there while munching on the snacks that she conveniently brought before she teleported to where she was.

Honestly, she didn't know what she should do in the meantime. A couple of other examinees entered after her, but she knew that it would take a while before the final three would come through the elevator.

She thought about sleeping but knowing that not everybody there was trustworthy, she knew that, that wouldn't be the best option, so there she was thinking of a way to pass the exam considering that she wasn't the most athletic person out there and that the first exam would probably tire her out.

Six hours, how the hell would she survive running for more than six hours if she can't even run for a kilometer, but then again she could use her ability since she already knew most people who would pass the first exam...would that be cheating?

Time seemed to pass by with her trying to convince herself that using her ability wouldn't be cheating. If she remembered right, there weren't any rules.

Examinees left and right would be using different tricks here and there just to pass the exam, so that means she could use what was given to her, which was her ability.

She finally convinced herself that teleporting wouldn't be considered as cheating because basically, almost everyone used something just to pass the exam.

She then proceeded to scroll through her phone hoping that the last three would finally enter so that they could finally start running their hearts out...well, she wasn't actually excited per se, she just wanted to end this as soon as possible.

She could teleport to wherever her sister may be, but then again, she needed a break from school, it was taking a toll on her.

And maybe, just maybe, she could just quit school and become a hunter and a member of the agency at the same time.

Damn, if she went back through time and told her younger self that she'd become what she would be in a month or so, her past self would probably stare at her with a dumbfounded look before going back to study and pursue being something actually doable, like being a psychologist or something.

Her eyes were starting to droop considering that she arrived early and all that, but when she opened her eyes trying to defy what her eyes wanted, the final three finally entered the exam site and as the green bean gave their numbers, a certain #16 walked to them with drinks in hand.

Now that she thought of it, Tonpa actually never offered her one, was that because she had her own drinks and such? The second probability would be that (y/n) didn't make her presence known which led to the man passing by her and not giving her anything to drink.

Her mind was going to places, and those places were her choices whether she wanted to get herself involved with the main four or be a background character that would eventually die within one to three arcs... obviously, the latter wasn't a great choice, but then again, she wasn't the best when it came to socializing, especially since she might or might not have taken a liking to a certain blonde.

Ah yes, Kurapika, probably (y/n)'s first-ever 2d love...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU TALK TO A 2D BOY THAT YOU'VE LIKED FOR YEARS

a/n: welcome to my second story, the chapter's a bit short since I made this almost a day before we started classes... hope y'all like this!!