[22] nen

It was all fun and games when (y/n) realized that they were really going to meet Hisoka again and at the same day

Her thoughts were confirmed when they were faced with murderous aura.

She didn't want the boys to get frightened again, just like what happened with Killua a few days ago, but this time the two seemed determined to go through the dangerous aura.

All (y/n) could do was sigh and clutch the back of their clothes, wait for them to realize it's Hisoka, and go back to Wing so that he could teach them Nen.

She couldn't just pull them back, they had to see Hisoka so that they'd learn Nen or maybe she could just lie to Wing as to why they'd like to learn Nen, after all, he lied to them as well.

The two boys were close to trembling while (y/n) decided to put up a brave facade, she did tell them that she'd protect them.

"Hey! Who's there?" Killua exclaimed which Gon followed as he yelled as well.

"Show yourself!"

(y/n), feeling like she needed to say something, said what was on her mind.

"Show yourself, Hisoka,"

Just as soon as the girl said that, a woman with lavender hair and tired eyes appeared at the end of the hallway as the threatening aura disappeared.

"Gon-sama, Killua-sama, and (y/n)-sama, correct?" The woman asked, (y/n) swallowed the saliva that had gathered inside her mouth from the sheer fear she felt from the aura.

The girl nodded.

"The reception desk is right over here, so please register for a 200s match today. You won't be able to register after midnight please be careful," the woman continued as the three stared at her, the two boys probably thought that she was the source of the aura.

"Was she the source of it?" Gon asked wearily watching the woman who continued to talk about the 200th floor.

"I can't tell..." Killua replied.

"No, she wasn't the source of whatever that was," (y/n) said with confidence all while she still made sure that she was still close to the two if ever the magician did decide to kill them then and there for some reason.

"There will be no more prize money after the 200th floor. You will only fight for glory," a thin string shined just beside the woman's face, and (y/n) who was startled from it teleported to the woman and got her away from the magician that suddenly appeared.

What they saw as a string was actually one of Hisoka's cards, and just after (y/n) made sure that the woman wasn't wounded, she made her way back to Gon and Killua who stared at the card that sliced through the floor.

Luckily, when (y/n) used her ability, Hisoka was turning away from them which meant that he didn't see what she did, on the other hand, the woman was in a state of shock which made her not realize what happened, and as soon as (y/n) had teleported her away from Hisoka, she ran away not before thanking the girl.

(y/n) wanted to smack herself upright in the head because she had the guts to think of Hisoka's theme song playing while the magician was talking... that probably wasn't the best time to think of the song.

"It's still too early for you boys and (y/n)-chan to step on this floor," With a flick of his hand, a gust of wind blew them away a few steps back from where they stood.

"Too early depends on your efforts,"

"No way! We just got here-"

"Killua, as much as I see Hisoka as creepy, I feel like he has a point," (y/n) said before pulling him away from Hisoka who already claimed his territory on the floor.

Gon just followed (y/n) who trusted the girl with whatever she said.

At least she managed to cut off their experience of feeling Hisoka's murderous intent again.

The girl already knew who to come to and it looked like the person himself already came to them.

"Wing-san!" Gon said as he looked at the man.

"Wing-san, please teach us nen!" The girl bowed down to him as she released the white-haired boy from her grasp.

"Why do you want to learn Nen?" WIng questioned.

"Hisoka... we need to overcome his Nen before we get into the 200s, my sister's a hunter and being the big mouth she is, she might've told me a thing or two about it," (y/n) explained all while she gave herself a pat on the back for coming up with the lie about her sister telling her about nen.

"Alright then. But I didn't think that Ayako-chan would actually tell you something about it," Wing smiled before gesturing for them to follow him.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Sorry if I look like I'm rushing you, but can we learn nen until or before midnight?" (y/n) asked as they finally arrived at Wing's place.

"Why?" the man asked as he prepared the whiteboard again.

"I've heard from some people in the arena that some fighters who were already in their 200s dropped back down to the first floor just because they failed to register before midnight, and I'm guessing that it applies to us as well,"

"It'll be all up to your will,"

Gon and Killua who had been sitting while (y/n) and Wing conversed stood up from the couch to question the girl.

"So, you already knew that he was lying about Nen?" Killua asked, slightly disappointed.

"Well, yeah. I might have overestimated our physical abilities... I kinda thought that we'll make it up until the 200s with sheer strength," that was the truth, (y/n) actually had fun inside heaven's arena to the point that she forgot Nen for the past few days.

"Well, Let's begin," Wing said as the trio and Zushi stood by.

"How much did Ayako-chan tell you about Nen, (y/n)-san?" Wing asked to which the girl replied with: "Ah I remember something about aura nodes, types, and most I already forgot about," as she played it dumb.

"Okay then, I'll start from the beginning,"

Wing started to explain to them what nen was and what it consisted of. (y/n), for the first time, bothered to listen to what the man was saying as she typed down notes on Nen on her phone.

The girl paused typing when she began to feel the pressure.

"Do you feel that?" The man asked to which the three nodded in response.

"Aura is an energy that comes within Humans which makes it effective against other humans and if you have the intent to kill someone, you can use aura to do so..." Wing trailed off before going near a wall as he placed his hand on it.

"To defend yourself from someone who uses Nen, you must use it as well. You must learn Ten for defense otherwise..." the man finally used his aura as he cracked the wall his hands were placed on.

Gon and Killua looked at how strong it was while (y/n) whistled at how he managed to do that with only aura.

"...your body will be crushed."