Ch.8 How Can I

■Iwaizumi's POV■

I walk to Y/N's door, I picked her up like I usually did. It's been 5 minutes and she hasn't opened the door, did something happen? I enter the passcode and open the door, but she's not there. Did she go without me? Moreover with that injured foot. I hurriedly left her place and run my way to campus. I didn't see her at all on the way, there I saw Mina standing at her usual spot when she waits for me and Y/N.

Iwaizumi : did you see Y/N? She went ahead on herself. What if something happens? She's injured

Mina : Hajime, she's fine. Inuzuka picks her up this morning. He said that he will pick her up because she doesn't want to bother you all the time.

Iwaizumi: what? She never bothers me! I.. how?

Mina : give her time okay? She's just sad you shouted at her yesterday, maybe because of that

I hope so, I hope she's angry because I shouted at her yesterday. I walk Mina to her class, hoping that I'll see Y/N in there. And there she is, sitting at her usual spot. But Inuzuka was nowhere to be seen, maybe he already went to his class. I walk in with Mina when we saw a guy came To Y/N. That guy held his phone in front of Y/N, maybe he wants to ask for her number. I walk closer to them and Mina followed me. When that guy saw me and Mina, he turned around and go back to his friend. Y/N look at our way, when our eyes met she flinched.

Mina : Y/N! Is it hard to walk to class? Does it still hurt?

Y/N : good morning Mina, I'm fine though, Ryou walks me here, I told him he could go to his class right away but he insisted on taking me to class. I hope he's not late.

So he really picks her up, I clench my hand. It pissed me off how she didn't ask me to help her. Our eyes met again and she gave me a small smile.

Iwaizumi: good morning!

Y/N : good morning, Hajime!

She looks at her knees, Mina put her hand in the top of hers. Mina looked at me motion me to talk.

Iwaizumi : sorry I shouted at you, and sorry for overstepping your privacy. That's because I'm just worried about you.

She looks at my face, her eyes look sad. She gave me a wry smile.

Y/N : it's alright, you don't need to worry about m-

Iwaizumi : why did you keep on saying tha-

Mina : Hajime!

I snapped, I almost pester her again. But how could she told me not to be worried? She looks troubled by now, I don't like this. I excuse myself and went to my class instead.

■Y/N POV■

It hurt me to do this to Hajime, but if he keeps on helping me like always, I. I feel like crying again but I don't want to. Mina rubs my back, and I look up at her.

Mina : he's so worried about you Y/N, please understand that.

Y/N : I... want him to stop worrying about me like that. I, have my own reason.

I want to stop liking him, I want to be able to act normally around Hajime and Mina. I don't want to feel jealous all the time. If they're happy then I should be happy for them. Just then Mina put her hand on mine again.

Mina : but I don't think he can stop doing that Y/N.

Mina looks at me, with a smile. But that smile looks... sad. She keeps on telling me to don't push Hajime away, but I have to. I made Mina worried now. Not just Mina, Ryou, and Tooru too. Tooru has been texting me, asking if I'm alright. He knew from Hajime that we fought yesterday.