Ch.10 Knows It

■Y/N POV■

Today is the day when the winter festival will be held. I'm going with Ryou and the other club member, he said he will pick me up so Yuri and I wait in front of Yuri's place. Ryou came not too long, and then the three of us walk to where the festival is.

I look around at every food stalls, the ornaments, and children running around. It brings back memories of when Tooru, Hajime, and I would always go to the festival together. Hajime would always hold my hand so I don't get lost. I miss Hajime after all.

A plate of Yakisoba suddenly appeared in front of me. I look up and see Ryou holding the Yakisoba.

Ryou : I want to eat every single food in here, but my stomach will explode. So Y/N eat together with me okay!

I can't help to be relaxed every time he acted like this. Ryou is always get rid of my bad thought at a time like this. We sat for a while and ate our Yakisoba. After eating a couple of other food, Ryou stands up and hold his hand in front of me.

Y/N : what is it Ryou?

Ryou : do you mind coming with me for a sec.

I look at the other club member who's seems having fun talking to each other, and some even had gone somewhere. I guess it's alright to go separate ways. I nodded at Ryou and hold his hand.

Ryou is taking me somewhere, his hand is kind of sweaty, is he alright?

Y/N : Ryou, are you alright?

Ryou just gives me a reassuring smile and continue walking, I just followed him.

■3rd Person POV■

Iwaizumi and Mina is strolling at the festival, not too far from the entrance. They just finished eating takoyaki. Mina has been sensing that Iwaizumi is really down lately, so she asked him to come to this festival to cheer him up. But it seems even though he looks like he enjoys it here, his mood wasn't actually lively. Mina knew exactly what can cheer him up, or who can. And it's not her...

Mina : It'll be nice if Y/N tag along with us huh?

Iwaizumi : yes.. I, we used to go to the festival together, along with Shittykawa. Y/N tend to get lost when we're kids so Trashykawa or I always held her hand when we stroll around.

Iwaizumi looks a bit happier when he talks about Y/N. Mina knows it because she had been watching him. They walk together and suddenly Iwaizumi stops walking.

Mina : Hajime what's wrong?

Iwaizumi was looking somewhere, so Mina turns her gaze to where he looks. Y/N is walking with Ryou hand in hand, going out of the crowds of the festival towards the festival's exit. Iwaizumi's hands are clenching, his hand which is holding Mina's hand became a little bit tighter as well.

Mina knows exactly why Iwaizumi acts like this. Why he always been so protective of Y/N, and why he's being so down without her next to him. Mina knows what Iwaizumi himself doesn't know. Because Mina always been looking at him, the moment he said he liked her she's so happy. She always admires how reliable Iwaizumi is ever since she hangs with him and Y/N. She thought it's cool how he always watch over Y/N and thinks how nice must it be to be treated like that by Iwaizumi.

Mina : Hajime...

Mina let go of her hand that holding on to Iwaizumi's. Iwaizumi turns his gaze from Y/N and looking at his girlfriend.

Iwaizumi: ah, what is it Mina?

All this time when they're together, Hajime always talks about Y/N without him realizing it. It seems like everything he sees will remind him of her or, she's always on his mind in the first place. And actually, Mina is aware of Y/N feelings for Hajime. How she avoid the two of them so she doesn't show her pain. Mina knows it but she pretended as if she doesn't. And that's all because...

Mina : actually I like someone, so I want us to break up

Mina likes Iwaizumi, but she knew Iwaizumi liked her in the first place was because she can take care of Y/N and kind to her. Because whenever she asked what did he likes about her the answer will always contain Y/N in it. "You're kind and help Y/N a lot", " you can take care of Y/N, I'm grateful that you're her friend", "thank you for getting all of those guys away from Y/N, she's not very good with men". Those are Iwaizumi's answer to Mina's question.

Iwaizumi : wh- what?

Mina : I like someone... so we should break up, and you too... go to the person you love, Hajime.

Mina looks up at Iwaizumi and giving him a reassuring smile. Then Iwaizumi's aware of what is happening, he was speechless. Mina put a hand on his shoulder, squish it lightly.

Iwaizumi: Mina I-

Mina : go Hajime, I knew all along... you too, already realized it didn't you? Now go to her.

Mina is putting on a strong face, Iwaizumi can see it clearly. But he already made up his mind. He turned his heels, turning his back on Mina.

Iwaizumi : Mina, I'm sorry.... Thank you

With that Iwaizumi run to where Y/N and Ryou go, leaving Mina alone shedding a drop of tear from her eyes.

■Iwaizumi's POV■

I'm running to where Ryou and Y/N walking before. I hurt Mina, I thought all this time what I feel about her is love, but it isn't. I like her because she takes good care of Y/N when I'm not around. I'm looking to where those two could go, and then I hear Y/N voice.

I walk closer to the source of the voice, what I saw made my breaths hitch. There Y/N, her back is facing me and there's Inuzuka, hugging her. Somehow my body feels heavy, my heart hurts so bad.

Iwaizumi : I'm too late, aren't I?

Memories of Y/N and me from all these years came flashing through my head. Her crying face, scared face, happy face. I want her to be happy... but. I look up at the two again. I want to be the one to make her happy.

I walk out of where I had been standing and approach them, Inuzuka looks at me with wide eyes. I grab Y/N arm and snatch her away from him. Y/N looks up at me, her eyes are teary and she looks surprised.

Y/N : Ha-Jime?

Now I know it

Why did I act like that towards you?

I know it

And I'm planning on keeping it that way