Chapter 13

Natsu POV

It felt nice to use my voice. Doctors have told me before if I stopped speaking even if I can't hear my vocal cords will get rusty and my voice will sound different. I'm sure it already sounds weird. You never realize that you listen to your voice in how it sounds. You can't fix it if you can't hear it. 

He said I'm special. I was already about to cry when he said I was normal. I hear it from Naomi all the time but I know deep down she thinks of me differently. She met me when I WAS normal. When I could hear. But Aristotle...

He met me when I can't hear. I could feel my heart beating fast as I looked down. I watched as Aristotle's hand took ahold of my shaky one. His warm hands again... He was nervous. He had slightly sweaty hands.

But I didn't mind. It felt nice. I know coming back to a place that reminds me of when and how I lost my hearing wasn't the best thing. But baseball was still a dream of mine. A dream was disappeared when my hearing did. It reminds me of what sounds used to sound like. What my voice used to sound like. 

I glanced over at Aristotle when his hand tightened its hold on mine. 

"Go out with me" his mouth read. Did I read that right? "I know it's sudden but I'm not sure if I like you like you but I want to try" he said. "I want to hold your hand more. I want you to talk to me about you. I want to hug you and not see you cry" he said. Dammit. I could feel myself tearing up again. "Did I hurt you?" he asked with a sudden worried look on his face. 

"No" I said shaking my head and used my free hand again to wipe the tears away. "We can take it slow till you know for sure." I spoke and looked up at him. "Yes, I'll go out with you," I spoke. 

I never looked at girls the way I looked at guys. Nobody knows that except Naomi. It was weird to others. But I know that guys were nicer to me than girls. I grew up with a sister. I've met all her friends and never once looked at them the way I looked at people. 

I felt tears come again this time actually leaving my eyes. "Natsu? Whats wrong? Did I do something?" Aristotle's lips read. I sniffed and shook my head. "I wish I could hear your voice, that's all" I said. There wasn't even a breath before I felt him let go of my hand and his arms go around me. He pulled me close to him in a hug. I must've let out noise from crying because of his grip tightened. I don't even know why I was crying. I was happy? Upset? Both. I was happy he was with me as my boyfriend but I wanted to hear his voice. What he sounded like. I bet he had this nice accent from being spanish. Kinda like how you would imagine cursive writing to sound like.