Chapter 22

Aristotle POV

I sat tapping my foot as I stared at the doctors doors in the waiting room. "Family member?" A woman beside me asked. I looked over at her. "My boyfriend. He's deaf having surgery," I said. "So he can hear?" she asked. "There isn't a 100% chance that it will work but I'm praying it will," I said. "Good luck" she said and looked at a magazine. I moved my gaze back to the door. I couldn't see him when they prepped him. It was killing me.

I woke up that night and read the text I felt happy for him. He never told me why he made that choice but he did. 

And he's been in surgery for about an hour and I can't stop freaking out. I know that it's not really a life or death surgery but this could change his life. I saw a doctor walk out as I shot up. "Natsu?" I said hopeful. "He's sleeping. We don't know if it worked till he wakes up. He has bandages on but he's room 103" the doctor said. "Thank you Thank you" I said and rushed through the doors till I stopped at the room. 

He laid there sleeping plugged up to all these machines. His head was wrapped in a bandage. I walked over quickly and pulled one chair as close as it would go. 

It felt like forever that I was sitting there. My eyes grew heavy. I've been holding his hand for such a long time my hand felt like it was cramping. That was till he moved. I suddenly woke up and stood up quickly. "Natsu Natsu" I said as he slowly opened his eyes. It was obvious his meds were wearing off that means pain. "Hey" I said softly. "Can you hear me?" I asked.

Did it work? Was the money worth it? Can he hear me?

He looked at me tiredly and in pain. "Can you hear me?" I repeated. He held my hand tighter and I saw his head move nodding. I felt tears dwell in my eyes.