epilogue

" Life is not without its trials.

Therefore, love is no exception.

You don't plan to live... one day, you just open your eyes.

You don't plan to love... One day, you just bump into someone that drops their your heart at your feet, and causes you to do likewise.

If I've learned anything from love, it's that every day is completely new. Just like in life, the trials of the day are unexpected.

But, in love, you are lucky. Because you've got that one other person who's in it with you. No matter what comes down the pike, you're not alone in love. Love takes two people. It takes a team.

And so I think that love is greater than life itself. At least, it gives life its reason. And it gives my heart an excuse to keep beating.

Anson and Indie, my greatest friends, you have taught me about love. You have shown me what it means to be in, act out of, and show others love.

As your best man, I thank you. I thank you for the example. I thank you, for the encouragement. And, I wish you all the happiness and joy that comes out of love. I hope that marriage blesses the two of you. And I hope that today marks a chapter of Happily Ever After.

   I suppose I've hit my cliche limit. So,

   To Anson and Indie!"

I take Bryce's hand as he sinks down into his seat beside of mine. He plants a kiss on my cheek, squeezing my hand tight.

"You make a super hot best man." I whisper to him. His dark eyes are sinister for a moment. He smirks.

"You. Me. Our hotel suite. Tonight." He exhales.

I pretend to adjust his collar so that I can reply, "Its a date."

This hotel is a long cry from those university dorms, too.

In the distance, the wedding band begins to play a tune. Anson and Indie stand up. I watch as Indie's beautiful white gown trails behind her as they go to have their first dance.

"She's beautiful." I sigh, watching Indie take her now-husband's arm.

Anson flashes a handsome smile, before leaning down and whispering into her ear as they dance.

"Your speech was amazing, Bryce." I remember to tell him while we watch the newlyweds.

"It was all true." He says beside of me, "thanks for giving me the material!"

    He nudges my arm, causing my heart to swell.

"You're welcome." I giggle; my brows flash in surprise as he starts to stand. He extends his hand to me.

"Caroline Abbot, would you dance with me?"

   Is he really asking me that?

"Bryce brown," I smirk, "do you even have to ask, anymore?"

I take his hand and he pulls me to the dance floor. The wedding party all takes their places around the bride and groom. Though Indie and Anson are the spotlight, as they should be, I'm only looking at Bryce when we dance.

"A year ago, you and I were confessing our love to one another." I say, "what's changed since then?"

Bryce thinks. His fingers press against my back as he leads me.

"You still dance better than I do."

I roll my eyes happily.

"And, my heart is three times fuller than it was last year." He gives me a better answer, "Every day since, you've been showing me that my capacity to love you has no limits."

I grin. "Good response."

"And what about you?" He asks, "what has changed in a year for you?"

    His brown eyes are fixated on me while we move.

I shrug, knowing I can be honest with my very best friend.

    "I look at Indie and Anson today, I can't help but want this for us, one day."

"Wow." His expression is soft, "That's a long way from who you were, last year."

   Yes, yes it is.

"I know," I catch a glimpse of the wedding dress as it passes by.

"Well, can I confess something, Caroline?"

I nod.

"I desperately want to see you in white."