47| Ferris Wheel

A/N: warning! This chapter contains mature content. Please proceed with caution.
*****

I clutch Bryce's hand as we look out over the tiny, twinkling lights that make up the city below. We crossed state lines for this view.

    "This is amazing." I say, looking out from out box.

"Aw, I know I am." He coos playfully.

Should've expected that.

    "I was talking about the view." I push against his arm. He smirks.

    "It's the best Ferris wheel in our area." Bryce nods. "Why else do you think I chose it?"

    "I don't know. But It's breathtaking." I do not bother to look away.

    "It's a bit insane that we're here together." He exhales, "I would've never dreamt of this view, or you being here for me back when I was lying in that hospital bed alone."

     It's an image I don't like to think about- Bryce's accident. I can't imagine what he must've looked like in so much pain. I don't want to.

It reminds me how important he is to me. How much I appreciate him. How important it is to remember to enjoy every moment.

I nod seriously while I'm thinking about it all. Beside of me, Bryce laughs and cups my head with a hand. He presses his soft lips against my cheek.

    "You're always so solemn when I speak of it." He muses. I roll my eyes without talking.

   "It's cute," he shrugs. I pull away.

    "While we're speaking of our trauma-"

    "-were we?"

   "I had a panic attack today." I tell him. He stiffens at once.

    "When?" His eyes search mine with worry.

   "Lunch. Seth came to talk to me."

    Bryce doesn't respond. I shrug.

   "He shut the door behind him and I don't know— something just snapped." My mouth turns down at the corners.

    Bryce puts his arm around me. His brown eyes consume every intricate part of my expression. "Are you okay?"

    That's what I adore about Bryce. He always asks that.

"Yes," I nod. "It was just scary."

   "I'm sure." He kisses my shoulder. He always handles these moments so well. I'm not sure what turned him into the man that handles these moments so well. But I'm thankful.

Now for the next bit of news.

   "I told Seth we were together."

    "Oh?" That changes his mood. "What did he say?"

    "He gave us his best."

    His brows flash in surprise. "That's mature of him." I watch Bryce as his shock fades into a smirk, and he kisses my shoulder again.

    It was mature. I agree.

   "Now I just have to break the news to Mom and Ace."

    I tuck a strand of hair behind an ear while Bryce looks at me from the top of his eyes. "Take as much time as you need. I'm in no rush."

    "I think I'll tell them tomorrow." I bite my lip, "I don't like to keep things from people I love."

    Bryce agrees. "I think telling them tomorrow is a great idea. Let me know how they react."