26| Crossed lines

The only thought I have coursing through my head is that I want Bryce's lips when I feel his hands traveling up my back as he pins me against his car door.

   I want his lips so bad.

   Yes, I have wanted them so badly.

My cheeks are on fire with warmth. My fingers are running through his hair.

his soft, dark, gorgeous hair.

His nose brushes against my face with every tilt of his head. It sends a shiver down my neck.

    And my heartbeat is crazy in my chest.

    I'm scared Bryce can feel it pounding from inside my small frame. If he does notice, he doesn't show it during his frenzy of cupping my face and pulling me to him with his large hands. His familiar fingertips are different now that they're on me like this. Good different.

    For a split second I feel the makings of a thought- a thought that I want his fingertips to touch more than just my cheek- lingering in my head.

   But then it vanishes with the sound he gives at the back of his throat.

His lips are deliberate in kissing me. His tongue traces their seam- but doesn't yet dare to dip into my mouth. It would be more than I could handle, anyways.

   It's as if Bryce is dangling me over a ledge above my breaking point. He knows what he can get away with before I lose my mind.

    Finally, his hands release my face to touch above my shoulders. My lungs are burning when I pull away from his mouth for a chance to breathe. I can smell his cologne as he plants gentle, butterfly kisses on my cheek.

  When I open my eyelids with a flutter, I can tell we're still in the dark. My fingers are still running through his hair as I look up at the roof of his car. His kisses trail below my ear.

I can't get carried away. I remind myself. I don't know how I'm still level-headed. But I remember where we are- still in his car, hiding away from the real world. The realization hits me with a jolt.

  Would this kiss be happening if we weren't sealed away out of sight?

    I'm not sure.

    An ache takes over my chest. Does anything between us happen in the real world?

  The real world.

The one where Meghan owns his heart, or so claims to.

Reminded of her, a chill erupts along my spine.

   What the hell am I doing?

My hands freeze in Bryce's mane of hair, I feel his warm lips on my jaw.

   "Bryce!" I hiss as the trail of his soft kisses linger on my neck.

    This has to stop.

   I wriggle to the side, and he halts in surprise. His chest rises and falls with the need to breathe.

    Now that we've stopped, his pupils widen. "What?"

   He practically gulps down the air between us. His hair is messy from my fingers combing through it.

    I look around, reality kicking in.

    We just made out-

    I just made out-

     with Bryce!