Chapter 18

SofiaLundgren: Caption this

2,300,000 likes ~ 18,000 comments

---

"They're so cute." I gush over Amerie's twin boys. "I cannot believe that you are a mom now."

"I know." Amerie leans into me and I take in her new mommy scent. "It still feels so weird but I feel so blessed."

Knowing that the guys are in the kitchen, I lower my voice as I ask her what I've been wanting to ask for the longest time

Joe and Amerie broke up near the end of her pregnancy and they were broken up for a while which surprised everybody. I did my very best to help her out while balancing my acting career and her business but it wasn't easy.

At some point, her mental health was declining so we took her on a couple of vacations and road trips. Since she didn't announce her pregnancy until after she gave birth, we had to search hard for lowkey places. We would have to pay people extra money to keep quiet about her pregnancy and thankfully, news never got out.

"How have things been with Joe?"

"Never been better." Amerie smiles at me. "He is the greatest dad to the boys and he has been helping me so much. My body is still adjusting to the changes and Joe has basically taken over the role as the nurturer. He's perfect."

"That's good." I pat her thigh before adjusting Thomas who is starting to wake up. "Just make sure to communicate your issues. Nobody wants to see you guys break up like that again, you guys honestly belong together."

"I know." Amerie starts breastfeeding Joseph and I can't help but watch in fascination. "I don't think that we will break up again, we're honestly better than ever and I can't wait to marry him."

"Your happiness comes first." I tell her. "Don't forget that."

---