Chapter 8

A few days after her very successful launch of The Dreams, Amerie reached out to Jordana and I about a possible collaboration. I have only ever worked on one collection for Pretty Little Thing so this is a big deal because models do have opinions and ideas.

For the last two weeks, we have meeting up about the collaboration that we have agreed to do. I will be doing a lingerie collection with Jordana and Amerie then a separate swimwear collection with just Amerie. We have signed the contracts and now we are getting to work on the actual project.

Amerie and I have met up on numerous occasions for the swimwear line which we are close to finalising, we are just waiting on the prototypes to arrive. Amerie then shocked Jordana and I by offering us a modelling contract with her brand, of course we said yes.

Although I work with various brands for modelling, I am an official model for Fashion nova, PLT, Oh Polly and now The Dreams. I am hoping to cut down on some of the companies because my schedules keep clashing but I am making a pretty penny from my modelling jobs with them.

"I'm living for the looks." Amerie smiles as we enter her office. We take a few pictures together but we honestly look amazing, I've noticed that we have all been taking our glam looks to the next level.

 We take a few pictures together but we honestly look amazing, I've noticed that we have all been taking our glam looks to the next level

"If we create at least four different designs each then we'll have twelve pieces for the collection." Amerie shows us her moodboard before telling us what she is expecting from the designs and the types of materials that she wants used for this collection. 

"How are you planning to market the lingerie?" Jordana asks while making notes in her book.

"Since I have a ton of our famous friends wearing my dresses and posting about it, The Dreams instagram page has built quite a large following. It has half a million followers which is pretty epic." We all cheer at the number because it is a big deal. "I'm planning to go full out with the billboards, PR packages and giveaways."

My girl is going to be a self made millionaire and I can't wait.

"I have a few TV appearances booked so I might ask one of y'all to come through for some of those. Jelena Knight is also going to feature us in one of her issues which is completely mind blowing so that's what I've got so far." I look at Amerie with a smile.

"I'm so proud of you." I tell her and she smiles at me.

"Thank you girl." She looks back down at her notes. "Are you still planning to wear The Dreams for the premiere tomorrow?" 

I nod my head and we get back to business. The sketch artist, creative director, accountant and the designer join us for the second part of the meeting. I'm so glad that we got to have people talk us through the budget, the visuals and the types of materials that we already have our hands on because I literally thought that I just had to design the lingerie.

It really makes me respect Amerie more because there are a lot of decisions that need to made and sometimes it's not easy.

---