Chapter 19

~Peter's POV~

Putting on the nicest clothes I could find, I stared at the mirror blankly. I've never been to court, my mind was racing with scenarios that mind occur. I'm not stupid enough to think we can actually win this case. Stark has 3 expensive experienced lawyers up his leave while I and aunt may only have a free public defender that the city courthouse gave us. The whole point of going to court for this is to raise public awareness. If the actual Judge won't be able to do anything towards Stark, maybe the public can. There is no doubt that the new's papers will be talking about this for weeks and reporters will be ready to interview Stark on his situation. 

The only thing I'm worried about is aunt May. She's already under enough stress and putting her through more is unfair. I've asked if it would be okay if just me showed up to answer her questions, but it has to be her. I know her heart is too kind to blame anyone for her almost death experience but she's the only family I have left so I'm not just gonna let this go. 

A deep horn from outside the apartment was heard. Looking outside the window, I saw our Taxi waiting outside for us. 

"May! The Cab is here, are you ready?" She turned around and smiled warmly. She nodded and walked outside with me. We stepped inside the vehicle provided our destination. The driver looked at us from the mirror and started driving.

May had a light purple cardigan on and some black work pants. She looked nervous but she knew why we needed to do this. Her brown hair was in a neat low bun at the back of her head with a few grey strands in the front falling onto her face. 

When we arrived at the courthouse, a crowd of reporters and camera's were all pointing to the rich man at the front of the door. The sun was shining in his black sunglasses. A smile was on his face, yet it didn't reach his eyes. He was being asked multiple loud questions from every angle. he looked overwhelmed yet he never the less held his composure. 

I helped aunt May step out of the Taxi after paying the kind driver. Then the crowd diverted their attention to us. They stomped towards us, microphones stretched in out direction. Before any of them could engulf us, a security guard stood in front of us, blocking their way. The man was rather big, with thin, short black hair. He was wearing a classic white and black suit a messy goatee. He looked back at us, signifying to hurry inside. He did just that, while the crowd yelling questions after us.

"Did you and Tony Stark have any interactions about this situation before this?" A man with ginger hair called.

"Do you feel in any way threatened by Tony Stark?" A woman in heels cried out.

"Was Stark speeding when he nearly hit you, ma'am?"

"Do you-"

The man closed the big door's after us, keeping the crowd outside. Inside, we were met with a large grand corridor, with people walking around, busy and occupied. Turning around to look at us, the guy smiled apologetically at us.

"Sorry about that, New's reporters can get cranky in the mornings. My names Happy Hogan. I work for Stark Industries. I've been told by Tony to make sure you guys don't get caught up in shouty questions. He doesn't want you guys to feel more stressed than you already do." May smiled sweetly at him, turning her head sideways at him.

I was surprised Tony cared about us in the first place. I just shrugged it off and followed the gentleman towards the courtroom.

Inside were too many people to count. Security officers, Jury's, Lawyers, the Judge, the public gallery, Associates and many more people I wasn't sure who they were. Tincan was already in his seat on the right side of the room. Happy lead us to our seats, next to our defence attorney provided to us, Mathew. 

We sat down, waiting for the trial to start.