Chapter 32

~Peter's Pov~

"Peter what if it's a trap?!" He pulled me by the arm back through the door.

"I'm Spiderma-!" I stopped myself from almost yelling my identity for everyone to hear in the building, "I'm Spiderman, I can handle myself. I just need to see what his deal is, I need to stop Harry." Lowering my voice, I looked at Ned. He's been worried all morning stressing and thinking of all the terrible scenarios his mind could come up with. 

"Are you going to tell Wade about this? He's pretty much also Harry's friend, shouldn't he know about this?" He let go of my arm and stood in front of me to block the door.

"Wade doesn't know I'm spiderman, how would I explain why I'm being targetted." 

He looked down knowing I was right. "You need to be careful, Norman is a dodgy man, and for all, we know he could be working with Harry." He moved away from the door to let me past. I adjusted the tight spandex that was hidden under my clothes and stepped out the door to the hallway. 

"I always am careful, don't worry. I'll just talk to Norman as Peter for now and if anything happens, I always have my suit." I adjusted my ear com and closed the door behind me. 

Arriving at the tall Oscorp building, looking up at the dark modern structure I imagined how nice the breeze would feel from the top of it. The doors slid open automatically, leading me inside the great reception area. The ceiling was low but well lit. There were a lot of businessmen in suits bumping into each other, speed walking around. Most of them were on the phone, or looking down at ipads, or just walking around typing around on slim grey laptops resting on their arm. 

I walked up to the reception desk, it was a dark blue color with expensive flower vases decorated on top. A man sat in front of a computer looking rather bored.

"Hi, I have an appointment with Norman Osborn." 

"yeah okay, kid. Leave or I'll call security." The man sighed annoyingly looking back at his computer.

"I was told to come by-" I defended myself when someone walked up behind me and put their hand on my shoulder. Turning around, I looked up to my best friend's father. Osborn.

"Peter, glad you came. Let's go to my office." He pulled me towards an elevator. I looked back at the receptionist, he had surprised eyes and a confused expression. Norman and I entered the elevator, there were two other people inside, both greeted Osborn as we walked inside. The elevator rode up to floor 93. As the doors opened, we were met with a large hallway. It had black wooden floors, windows covered the right wall completely. The ceiling was tall with industrial modern lights, there were a lot of people walking about with coffees and files in their hands. 

He led me through corridors and corridors until we finally were met with a set of stairs. They were narrow and made of grey marble. I stayed silent, not really knowing whats going on. At the top of the stairs was an office. It was huge. It was of an L-shaped room, with bookshelves and modern art hanging from every wall.

"Take a seat Peter" Norman sat down at his desk, pointing opposite him to a grey sofa. I sat down feeling kind of awkward.

"Why do you think I'm in danger? And what does Harry have to do with all of this?" I said, acting clueless. Norman shifted in his seat, thinking carefully about how to word his sentence next.

"There's a lot I cant tell you, Peter. I want to say thank you for meeting me, I know I've made mistakes in the past-"

"Turning into the Goblin." I just spat it out of nowhere. The man before me has killed twelve people. Yes, I counted. And for a long time, I blamed myself for all their deaths. Three of them were kids my age. I avoided contact with him until he spoke.

"Yes. I hope you can forgive me, I remember years ago you were like a son to me, I hope we can go back to that." He cleared his throat before continuing. "But right now, you are in danger Peter. I have set up a secured safe house for you and your aunt to stay in for now. We should move you as fast as possible-"

"What? You haven't even told me what's happening, how do I know you're not taking Goblin drugs right now? How do-" I stopped myself as I heard Ned's voice in my earpiece.

"Pete, there are wireless hidden cameras in every possible angle in that office. They're all connected to.... not Oscorp but to a newly bought office building only two blocks away, it goes to a name registered- Registered as 'H.O'. I'm guessing that's Harry spying on his own father." Ned paused his typing, coming to a realization. "Pete, Harry knows you're there"

"Peter?" The older man in front of me watched my panicked face, confused himself. 

"Its a great idea, send me the location of the safe house and bring my aunt there. I'll catch up." I ran out of the room before he could even respond. 

"I just got an alert someone broke out of the Raft." I heard him keep typing as I ran out of the front doors, the weather was really windy, cloudy, looked like it could rain. "Otto Octavius broke out of prison" Ned held a breath waiting to see if my reaction would be bad. 

Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. I looked up, Harry Osborn on his father's old glider. 

I was about to cross the street when I heard screaming from my left. I saw people running away from the disturbance. "What's going on? Peter, why is there screaming?" Ned was yelling so loud I felt the earbud vibrate in my ear.

I looked around, finding a small alley across from here. Reaching it, I climbed up the wall, hearing even more people crying. As I reached the top of the wall, I took off my clothes revealing the suit underneath. Stuck my clothes to the wall and pulled on my mask. As I jumped onto a balcony, I saw a familiar flash of red running across a rooftop towards Harry. Deadpool was here. What was he doing here?

"Okay mask camera online. Peter be careful, he could be just as dangerous as when Norman was the Goblin. And he knows your identity somehow" He said anxiously. I knew he was right, this was pretty dangerous. 

I thwipped a web all the way onto 8 buildings away, aiming perfectly onto Deadpools chest, stopping his sprint for Goblin. Harry was causing a scene, scaring people, throwing things about, obveosly craving my attention. He hasn't seen me yet, probably thinks I'm still in the Oscorp building. I reached DP right as he turned around.

"Now where have I seen this cum-web before? Oh yes! It's your cum-web!" He joked pulling the thin web off his chest. I smiled under my mask, even though I saw him yesterday, I'm smiley around him. 

"Listen, we need to find Peter. I saw him leaving the Oscorp tower a couple of minutes ago but I've lost him during Gobby's tantrum." He was about to jump down onto a shorter roof when I pulled him back. 

"Don't worry, I've spoken to Peter. He's at a safe house with his aunt." I looked back at Harry, a ping of guilt hit me. Being spiderman has taken away loads of time off my hands and I've been avoiding spending time with Harry. Maybe if I'd just been a better friend, he wouldn't have turned to his anger like this. 

"I need you here, Harry is strong, I will struggle to take him on my own." I saw Deadpool flush with relief. 

"Lets go unalive this fucker" He ran off towards the destruction.

"no-  Deadpool!!" I chased after him. I hope Harry gets better.